• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new Falcon tech? Immediate wall jump from ledge

Frostykeys

Smash Rookie
I saw this gif on the smash subreddit https://redd.it/3llonx and I was tying to recreate it. I was focused on holding back and then as quick as I could hold forward to the wall but I was wall jumping before I held back again. As far as I could tell, the back input from the ledge release was still in effect at the point that I held forward to touch the wall. I've never seen any other player do this but that might just be because it has little practical value (mixups *maybe*) other than styling on someone. I was wondering if this was already discovered or what.

Here's a quick video of me doing the tech just to confirm what exactly I'm talking about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AFV3DWRzI

EDIT: After further experimentation, I found that every character with a wall jump can do this. Also there could be more practicality in this than I previously thought. For example Megaman's wall jump from ledge puts him at the perfect position for a bair on an unsuspecting opponent (this is great because MM's bair is so strong.) Falcon's wall jump puts him too high for a bair to connect but if you hold back and roll the stick half circle down so you fast fall before pressing forward, he is closer to bair height. Also, using the roll method, it puts falcon in a better position for a wall jumpknee (like in the original gif) faster.

As far as I can tell this tech is very situational and (as far as tournament legal stages go) only works on Duck Hunt, Delfino's green island transformation, and any Omega stages with extended ledges. Sadly, I did not fin dit to work on Dreamland :(

The characters I found are put into a good position for a bair are
Mario, Dr Mario, Falco, Fox, Megaman (Very good), Mii Brawler, and Samus.
The characters I found it to be the harderst to perform with (perhaps due to aerial movement speed?) are Little Mac, Mewtwo, Duck Hunt, and Mi Gunner.

I realize this is no longer specific to Captain Falcon and I will post a separate thread on the General Forum tomorrow. I'll make another thread for how Falcon could use this tomorrow as well . I'm going to bed for now but I'll look more into it tomorrow if anyone is interested in this mechanic.

Last edited:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah it's just application of basic mechanics. If you do it fast enough you can wall jump high enough to land on the stage without having to use your second jump.

Top Bottom