• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new discovery

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I was just randomly thinking one day of z-dropping items in the air because i was watching come old ganondorf homerun contest vids. Anyway, i figured that it could work for diddy. You could z-drop a naner and hit the c-stick in a direction. So if you just hit the c-stick with the naner in yout hand of course you would throw it. But if you z-drop it mid air, you can use an aerial and pick the naner back up.

I did a couple of tests. My hands aren't fast enough to do them well enough but i was able to do it in a full hop into all aerials. I see a problem if you would want to do it in a short hop because you would keep rising as the naner fell unless you were able to do it extremely fast.

Not sure if anyone has already done this but it has problably little use anyway.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Instant ground throw. We need a new name, it doesnt fit seeing that you can do it in the air as well. Airdodge item trow cancel AITC?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You can also do double bairs if you are high enough in the air since for some reason if an attack comes out fast, you won't throw the banana if you caught it with that move.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Woah, Australian Diddy!
Where you from mate?

Er, and Z-dropping is something all Diddy's should do.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah, Perth. Just got into competitive brawl so haven't done any tournaments yet.

I haven't seen any diddy's z-drop naners before, so i assumed its just not useful

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Make sure you check out Australia under regional zones if you haven't. Perth will be thrilled to see another player.

saberhof

Smash Master
Haha yeah, Perth. Just got into competitive brawl so haven't done any tournaments yet.

I haven't seen any diddy's z-drop naners before, so i assumed its just not useful
it is very usefull, and its kind of cool, but its allot more serious in a tournament, and you cant give yourself the option of just doing it :O...

you can also forward throw> Fair and it automaticly catches the banana if it hits the opponent :O...its magical lol...

random threadlol x)..

Top Bottom