• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible move for diddy kong.

Chromanin

Smash Rookie
Firstly, I've no complaints of diddy kong's viability, nor power, nor moveset. However, I discovered that squirtle has an amazing little attack juggle tactic when he shell shifts.. Diddy kong has a sort of similar direction shift with nothing to it so I was wondering/hoping it was possible for diddykong to trip his opponent when he shifts on them.
I'm not sure if this would bring any kind of imbalance to the game, i personally don't think it would so i'm hoping the designers take it into consideration. I also wanted to question if his directional shift could be quicker and smoother without bringing imbalance as well.

Either way or no way, keep up the amazing work<3

Chromanin

Smash Rookie
In theory, diddy would use the opponents foot to shift his movement rather putting his hand on the ground for that turn of momentum.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
That's what makes Squirtle unique, and Diddy of all people doesn't need more tripping: let alone more options because he's really awesome in that department (which the real/2.1 Ike use to be) to the point it's sometimes boring to play characters like CF because he can basically be doing everything CF does but then he has this whole plethora of projectile stuff so he can switch to camp mode or anything in-between.

His high distance and long duration Dash turn around still seems useful for getting good RARs and Reverse JC Up-smashes: I'm content with it. You can also always jump out of what seems any portion of it, which makes it almost like a bait move or you can delay your RARs to your desired timing much more than you can with other character's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9yZaBPp5ZF0#t=230s

I also think his specific dash turn might be what makes his weird reverse dash pivot grab have its great length
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9yZaBPp5ZF0#t=190s

Zaaji

Smash Rookie
I WOULD LOVE for P.M to somehow bring his Electric Guitar in. Or double up the guns. possibly

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
uhm diddy kong can definately not do what falcon does.... falcons combo game >>> diddy kongs, + way better finishers

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Only thing missing is his knee.

Diddy needs more tail moves for range.

kiw1

Smash Apprentice
+ grab combos + nair + his upair isnt nearly as good + running speed

....but yeah only knee

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Diddy would be sooo awesome with a Falcon / Mario like U Air though.

Top Bottom