• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Custom Diddy Kong Kill Setup?

Does battering banana peel have any tournament use?

• Total voters

Pepsimanforpresident

Smash Rookie
First off, I'm very new to smash bros. competitive community although I have practiced a lot of melee, project m and smash 4 over the past few years in preparation for tournament play. Point is I'm not the most experienced or reliable source for everything smash so bear with me.

Anyways, getting to the point now, I may have found a guaranteed kill setup for custom diddy on every character at around 70-90% depending on weight class. The customs you need are his Rocketbarrel attack and his Battering peel (I know most people prefer shock and reg).

First things first, you need a banana peel in your hand. Normally this isn't too hard, you just need to get them a far enough distance away. Then while it's in your hand, you footstool your opponent (Very easy on the ground, not sure if it works 100% in the air). From there, you simply throw the peel down at them while they're in the footstool recovery animation and then up b. Technically speaking, you could just avoid most of the hassle by just throwing the banana down while you're above them and then up b without doing the footstool, but it can easily be blocked or dodged. With the footstool however, they're stuck in a quick animation in which they can't do anything out of.

This may or may not work but I don't have the tools to test things at the moment so I'm just putting it out there to people who will know better. I also know it's a pretty situational setup, but I've had no trouble using against friends or CPUs. It probably doesn't have as good of tournament use but it's easy for me and it works. Feedback is welcome and encouraged, I always love to learn more about the game c:

Lylo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chompypy
3DS FC
0490-8557-3079
Or you could just JCToss-RBA with a regular nana

Pepsimanforpresident

Smash Rookie
Or you could just JCToss-RBA with a regular nana
Yeah, you're right with that. JCToss-rba is a better kill setup. I just wanted to put it out there for someone who actually plays diddy to judge it's usefulness.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Battering Banana Peel was better pre-patch. Tripping into X is better than pop up into aerial post patch, so it's not quite as good, but it's still a good move. Your setup is pretty cool and if I ever feel like playing with the custom again I'll try to implement it.

Pepsimanforpresident

Smash Rookie
Battering Banana Peel was better pre-patch. Tripping into X is better than pop up into aerial post patch, so it's not quite as good, but it's still a good move. Your setup is pretty cool and if I ever feel like playing with the custom again I'll try to implement it.
Glad to some one can make use of it. I've just been messing around with footstools a lot so if I find anything else interesting I post it c:

Top Bottom