• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible counter against K.O. Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
So in the trailer, we have seen how Little Mac uses his Super Meter to build up enough energy to allow for the devastating K.O. Punch. To our understanding, the K.O. Punch hits with great damage, as seen when Little Mac uses it on Bowser and Mega Man and the image of Little Mac hitting Samus.

Since the K.O. Punch causes knockback from an upward or diagonally upward angle, stages or areas of other stages which have platforms or walls blocking the top edge of the stage which are solid and cannot be phased through can deny Little Mac a K.O. When the character being hit makes contact with the blocking platform, they will be sent back down as the momentum of the punch breaks. After recovering from that hard landing, you have a small window of time to counter Little Mac as he has a long cooldown animation after full-charge. Although, I would be careful approaching him with all the damage you've accumulated, as a good special or Smash attack could earn him a K.O. Consider the fact that his attacks have crazy amounts of priority over most other characters, making high damage, long animation attacks most likely to keep him away.

So what do you think? Hope that the tourney legal stages have some areas like this? :rotfl:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I kind of feel that the 1-hit KO Punch will suffer from some big flaws. For one thing, Little Mac may have to avoid taking any damage to keep his charge, which may be easier said than done against certain fighters. And of course, grabs outrank invincibility frames.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
it will probably be the same as Wario's fart, it takes a long time to charge and fully charged it is a one hit K.O. below full charge will be damaging but not a full K.O.

Aefice

Smash Apprentice
i have a thoery about how his 1hitko works.

in the clip hes charging a forward smash which has super armour evident in the trailer. then bowser jabs him once = 1 blue bar. then bowser 2nd jab = 2 blue bars.

i think maybe mac has to take hits during his super armour on his smashes (upsmash and fsmash) to fill his power bar. With that said.. he would have to
have taken 10 hits to have his meter filled and he would be also at kill percent which resolves the balancing issue.

its possble that attacks stronger than bowers jab may fill the bar quicker?..

thoughts?

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Turns out Little Mac gains meter by hitting and getting hit. The range is also not big. Plus he has 12-13 second timer after a full charge to use the KO Punch. To counter, I would say just avoid and zone him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom