• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Chain grab ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I was in the lab with Our Boy Roy and found a pretty cool discovery. Starting after 10%, after a Fthrow the opponent goes into a tumble animation and is forced to either Tech or DI upwards. This is all reliant on whether or not they react fast enough. If they do not tech and hit the ground Roy is able to connect with a Nair or even a RAR Bair. What I found out is if you land with the first hit of Nair it will reset your opponent and you will be able to regrab them immediately because of the lack of cool down that was autocanceled because of the landing. I found it best sometimes (If you don't have the timing completely down) to land the Nair on the fallen opponent then follow up with jab (If they are behind you) then regrab or even a follow up of your choice.

I am continuing the lab work necessary for the timing of this trick, but so far I have landed it pretty consistently on Lvl 9 CPU's and players that miss Fthrow techs. Try it for your selves!

Maybe even a video in the works, but I insist you try it for yourselves.

Nelkoy

Smash Cadet
Good to know. A usually follow up the fthrow against people who doesn't teach with a Dash Attack since I believe it do more damage than a Nair (not sure, don't have a Wii U hurts sometimes xD), but your trap looks interesting.

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
Good to know. A usually follow up the fthrow against people who doesn't teach with a Dash Attack since I believe it do more damage than a Nair (not sure, don't have a Wii U hurts sometimes xD), but your trap looks interesting.
True, but If your able to land the nair you'll get a regrab Which can lead to another Fthrow

Zeta~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sycho-Ashura777
3DS FC
5026-4570-3155
Just down throw into jab into down throw into jab. It's my discovered combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom