• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibilities of a Duck Hunt Stage?

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think the Dog and Duck would get a 3DS stage since they originate from the NES, but what about a Wii U stage? After all, there is only 19 confirmed stages for the Wii U.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
That makes sense, plus retro stages are always fun. I'm going to assume the stage hazard will be the huntsman shooting stuff. Oh, I can't wait for Duck Hunt dog getting shot because of that. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
Duck Hunt seems to represent the NES/Famicom zapper games as a whole rather than Duck Hunt exclusively. I feel like that would be a better themed stage than one focused on his game exclusively.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I can see a Wii U stage happening for him. If I remember correctly when people went to unlock him they had to fight him on the Nintendogs stage, and that's only for 3DS so it will have to be a different stage for Wii U.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
It would only make sense for the Wii U to get a Duck Hunt Stage.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Makes sense i mean duck hunt is a console game not a portable

Maybe this is the same concept for the a R.O.B stage as well (gyromite.)

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
I really hope the Wii U gets a Duck Hunt stage of some kind. Maybe an 8-bit homage that rotates between Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogan's Alley?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I really hope the Wii U gets a Duck Hunt stage of some kind. Maybe an 8-bit homage that rotates between Duck Hunt, Wild Gunman, and Hogan's Alley?
I am going to trademark that prediction so when it happens Sakurai gives me millions of dollars.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I could see that happening... maybe the stage is a transforming stage like Mushroom Kingdom U... the first phase is based on Duck Hunt... the second phase is based on Wild Gunman... and the last phase is based on Hogan's Alley.

Duck Hunt phase could take place here. Stage hazards are the ducks and clay pigeons... the hunter shoots them so the players need to avoid the airborne targets or get shot. The tree provides extra platforms.

Wild Gunman phase could take place here. Stage hazards are the gunmen opening the windows (or the door) only to get shot... meaning the players need to stay away from windows and the door or they get caught in the crossfire.

Hogan's Alley phase could take place here. Stage hazards are the cardboard cutouts... players won't know which cutouts will have criminals or citizens... but the criminal cutouts will get shot at when all the cutouts flip to face the screen... so the players need to stay away from the criminal cutouts or they get shot.

SmashK.O.

Smash Rookie
A Duck Hunt stage would be amazing (though I'm biased since I'm nostalgic for the game). Perhaps you could have the Ducks grab and hold onto a player (where they'd need to spam A to break free), and watch out from shots coming from the NES Light Rail gun from the direction of where the human player would be. For every KO that the gun nets, you see an 8-Bit Laughing Dog, and for every escape that the player successfully completes, the duck also flies away, thus making the Dog cry.

Wild Woody

Smash Rookie
NNID
YuriKoigakubo
3DS FC
2707-1621-8891
If there isn't one for 3DS i see no reason why there shouldn't be one for Wii U. After all, as it may have been said, the NES wasnt portable, it was a console like the Wii U. Also is it just me or would making a duck hunt stage be literally the easiest thing ever. Just make it the damn screen from the game and have random ducks flying around with shooting coming in from the fourth wall.

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
I think there should be 2.
A retro stage from Wild Gunman or the original Duck Hunt
And a second one based after a future Duck Hunt revival, as DLC

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
It's happening. It will happen. He doesn't have an appropriate stage on the Wii U yet, we're getting something similar to Smash Crusade's Shooting Range stage.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well looking good ao far

The tower of smash rumor has a shooting range stage if thats correct, there we are duck hunt dogs stage.

Top Bottom