• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popo match up chart?

S2rulL

Smash Journeyman
good matchups: low tiers, sometimes sheik.

bad matchups: everyone else ever.

Smog

Smash Journeyman
Against a Marth I came back as sopo. I managed to eventaully back-throw and then bair him and edgeguard

Genghis_Connor

Smash Cadet
NNID
Genghis_Connor27
3DS FC
4356-1827-2712
Everybody needs to grind their SoPo in as many matchups as possible. I play the lone Popo in like half my friendlies. He stacks up well vs Sheik, Ganon, and other people he can CG. His WD gives him some pretty sweet mobility, but he's still pretty bad. He's probably at the top of the B tier IMO. Maybe below the Links, but definitely better than DK.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
I think Sopo and Young Link are pretty close. I think the matchups Sopo does better in than Young Link are more important than the matchups Young Link does better in, and so Sopo would be a better main than Young Link, but Young Link has more favorable matchups.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Sopo vs Peach is tough because he has mediocre punishes (decent grab combos but no way to get a grab) and she can crouch cancel almost everything. Falco is tough because Nana is your main tool for breaking his approaches, though if you manage to land a hit you can still punish him pretty hard.

Sopo vs fastfallers in general is fun because it forces you to explore other combo options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom