• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poor Lucario

B.Wong

Smash Cadet
Hi everybody, I'm a Peach main w/ Roy pocket so this really isn't my forte, but I have a friend who is a diehard lucario fan. That being said, my friend is bad. I mean, really bad. While this description is relative to each reader, I was wondering if you lucario players could tell me some tips I could give him when playing. He understands what the fundamental advanced techs are, but rarely to seldom performs them. Is there anything you could tell me that lucario does well that I could tell him or just have some basic tips? (I don't have lots of information on lucario so Idk). I'm not looking for a link to a in depth guide but maybe a short list or a couple sentences just to give me an idea of what to advise him with.

On a side note, if you could help educate me, he says that Lucario's moves combo into each other like some character from streetfighter or something along those lines? I don't even know what this means as I think that moves can combo into each other anyway. (i.e. Roy can Dtilt to Fair)

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
http://projectmgame.com/en/characters/lucario

I'd suggest reading the sections titled "Magic Series" and "Super Meter" to understand more about how Lucario works. As for a really simple combos that could help, dash attack > up tilt/down tilt are normally reliable at lower percents and then you can go from there.

Also if he happens to have Skype, we'll gladly add him to the Lucario Skype Group where he can ask specific questions about the character.

Sorry if this advice wasn't very helpful :(

CPU-Z

Smash Rookie
Have your friend read through the threads titled "Lucario guide-help" and Darkgun's Lucario tech brief. They're all on the first page. Risky, Darkgun, and myself have some information you'll find useful in these threads. My original account is PhantomMewtwoX to clear confusion.

Last edited:

Darkgun

Smash Journeyman
If I were to make a suggestion, sit down and play Lucario for... oh, about fifteen-ish minutes once you've read the character description on the Project M website. That will help considerably with your understanding of the character.

After that, while inevitably I can't give any specific suggestions as to what to do to improve your friend's play, I can spill the usual useful tricks: use Aura Sphere more in neutral, dash attack primarily as a whiff punish, not as an approach tool, use Double Team more (think of this move as an incredibly versitile counter with a bunch of startup), grabs and defensively spaced aerials are safer in neutral and can lead to advantageous positions or combos, and use Extreme Speed in combos often.

Matchup specific... I don't really feel like I know enough, nor do I have the experience with, Peach or Roy matchups to give decent advice. usmash breaks CC rather well would be the best advice I could give with insufficient experience.

Top Bottom