• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poor Falco

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
I wouldnt say he gets no love. At least he gets a somewhat new moveset, and a different (if not on a minimal scale) FS than Fox. At least he isnt an almost complete clone this time. I would say he gets some love.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
I love falco only for his appearnce in brawl i really didn't know who he ws before then. But idk. It just won't be the same without his shl and pilar shine. I didn't like those move cause they were cheap or easy to use. God a mean i must have at least a thousand somthing wins with him. The first time i picked him up i knew there was something about him and for the better part of a decade people have feared my falco. But now i just don't know....ill givem a shot i guess.

But i am right tho? you do get kinda attached to your mains don't you?

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I think he is awsome. Iv'e always liked him for his appearance as well. I never really mained him in melee but he is one of my choices in Brawl.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I thought this was the Falco board. Not the Pichu board. :O

Falco got no love? I guess you can say that. If he wasn't top tier, he wouldn't be loved. lol

CurryLad

Smash Cadet
i never tried falco until it was too late. i found out i was good with falco september last year, and now he changed in brawl.

7thFonon

Smash Apprentice
falco is amazing in Brawl... he has speed(basically the same in melee), power, an infinite... his plink can knock you down into a combo... and get plinked again... a better recovery now(his forward b) and his up isn't as bad either... and his up taunt... kicks major arse... you dont see fox or wolf kicking their reflector shield around.... like a hacky sack

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I'm gonna keep playing Falco for the same reason I started playing him in Melee: Because he's the best character in the Star Fox series. I keep saying this and I'll keep on saying it until everyone knows. I don't like Falco because he was good or my main in Melee. I like Falco because he's awesome in his respective series. That is my whole reason.

Slaysya

Smash Cadet
I think Falco is tied with Wolf almost in popularity. He is great now, sure I can't sit there can pillar to death, but I can always SHDL.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
It's probably because he doesn't really stand out anymore

He's not a new character, he's not very origional (very similair to fox and wolf) and he's lost the moveset that made him so popular.

Only time will tell if Falco will regain his popularity.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Personally, I think he's the best Starfox character.

His lasers come out faster, he has that evil infinite, and his dash attack cancels into an UpSmash.
There's probably more I forgot to say about him.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
He freaking KICKS his SHINE!

Once we master how to use that effectively, Falco is uber (if he isn't already)

Rizzle1110

Smash Cadet
Falco is the best from my point of view, he was awsome in melee so he probably will be awsome in brawl.

Rizzle1110

Smash Cadet
and majority of people who used falco and fox used falco for there main so hes pretty popular

redjack256

Smash Rookie
I mained Falco in melee, and I love his knew look. I'm not sad in any way that his moves changed, it will give me an opportunity to play the character I loved with a whole new style. And yes, he does kick his shine. Total bad ***.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
I mained Falco in melee, and I love his knew look. I'm not sad in any way that his moves changed, it will give me an opportunity to play the character I loved with a whole new style. And yes, he does kick his shine. Total bad ***.
Exactly, he can't do all those crazy technical moves like he did in melee, but he can do a lot of new and cool things in Brawl.

capt.falcon4life

Smash Apprentice
In another dimension where they treat lesbians lik
yes and as time goes by, people will start discovering new techniques that might fit falco's playing style. falco might/will get some love.

Zellsfalco

Smash Apprentice
As i have mained falco in the past, i plan to main him again. sure its sad he lost his SHL and beautiful shine that led into massive combos. but of course, it's a new generation of Smash Bros and he deserves a more unique fighting style rather than a more powerful version of Fox. the worst thing i see about him in Brawl is the fact that his shine is kicked and doesnt serve purpose for any combos.

Point being.... Falco is still the greatest and will definitely receive the same reputation he gained from SSBM.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
I hate him in Melee lol But Brawl...there's some love there. Playing as him today I definitely saw a nice change to his moves. He's more agile and "bird-like" with his moves, which is great, less Fox clonage is always good.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
I just wonder how Falco is goign to do, all i have herd is WOLF is A BEAST. FOX is AWESOME.
but Falco is getting no love. He was really good in Melee. But now he seems underrated.

BUt he is like the Equal

FOX = SPEED

Falco= AVERAGE - BOTH

WOLF= POWER

Top Bottom