• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Poll] Which SSB 64 stage should I HD texture next?

What SSB 64 Stage should I retexture next?

• Total voters

Timde9

Smash Cadet
I did my first Saffron City HD stage to get the hang of brawlbox and hopefully learn more about modding in general and to brush up on my editing skills. In this respect, it has been a huge success. Please note that there are 2 older versions available so if you downloaded my Saffron City HD stage before 4/23/2013 update immediately as I have finally fixed the background issue that was bugging me since the beginning. The BG is a HUGE improvement. I also added music and fixed some minor texture issues.

Get it now!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31811&Moderated=All

check out a quick video of the final version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVSG059LsNA&feature=youtu.be

But now I want to know which stage you all would most like to see me HD textured next. There are a few stages I didn't include because I feel they have quality HD counterparts already, although if your heart is really set on a stage feel free to PM me. I will start my next project based on the results so please get to voting NOW!

compare what they would look like here
http://pietschie1.pi.funpic.de/comparehd.html

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I say Peach's Castle.

Though, what I'd like to see (which is far beyond the scope of this project), is a Mario Galaxy themed Meta Cavern. IE, Meta Cavern lay-out/collisions, Mario Galaxy everything else. I'd do it myself, but my current project list demands I actually finish stuff.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
peaches castle would be awesome, its one of my favorite stages in all of the smash bros games, its a shame there isnt a PM verison.

Also importing the character models in HD would be awesome as well.
im using the ones on the brawl vault, its a cool nostalgia kick, with all the PM still in tact.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
ill open up my emu and take a few screens to show you. I'll edit this post when I'm done

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Holy crap, why does 64 BF look better than Melee / Brawl? lol the background I mean. I like it way more than Melee and Brawl originals.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Which ever you choose to do...could you put them over stages that arent used as much? for instance if you were to pick HD 64 FD...could you put it over STGKART instead of STGFINAL? or something simliar?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
HD doesn't mean "remove all detail from the textures and use solid colors for everything".

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Kongo jungle definitely could do with a HD re-texture
Japes background swaps are available, but I think the stage deserves a bit of attention as well :p

Timde9

Smash Cadet
I have good news. Peach's Castle is all but complete. Just have to lower the resolution of some of the textures because it's too big of a file and it crashes the game lol. Then I just have to create the icon and find some good music. Probably release it tomorrow.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I have good news. Peach's Castle is all but complete. Just have to lower the resolution of some of the textures because it's too big of a file and it crashes the game lol. Then I just have to create the icon and find some good music. Probably release it tomorrow.
AweSOME!

210stuna

Smash Lord
Battlefield gets no love!

Who doesn't want a psychedelic background while playing?!
I'll be the lone wolf from the Lone Star State to stand proud and raise my hand for the one and only

BATTLEFIELD!!!1!1!11!

Only because the better ones won already by a landslide

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
did you ever fix HD metal marios stage? it has severe graphical glitches when using gecko. background is super distorted, and textures on the stage are distorted as well

fatman667

Smash Journeyman
did you ever fix HD metal marios stage? it has severe graphical glitches when using gecko. background is super distorted, and textures on the stage are distorted as well
I'm the one responsible for it, and no I couldn't get to it. I gave him the backgroung texture for the stage already, so he should figure it out. I'll be working on other projects when I get some more free time, as I feel that he is more suitable for this project alone.

EDIT: Also I want Metal Cavern the most, then DL64.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I'm the one responsible for it, and no I couldn't get to it. I gave him the backgroung texture for the stage already, so he should figure it out. I'll be working on other projects when I get some more free time, as I feel that he is more suitable for this project alone.

EDIT: Also I want Metal Cavern the most, then DL64.
guess ill just poop in my own mouth then

Timde9

Smash Cadet
don't worry man I've already got several of these in the works. I have just been spending a lot of time working in perfecting a method for super high quality CSP's and trying to master the more technical aspects of brawlbox for the future.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
don't worry man I've already got several of these in the works. I have just been spending a lot of time working in perfecting a method for super high quality CSP's and trying to master the more technical aspects of brawlbox for the future.

Cool man, I love these

Timde9

Smash Cadet
sorry guys you know how life is but yes I am still working at it. Just had a lot of other stuff going on recently. Should have a little more time in the coming months and I should be able to release at least one more in the next few weeks.

Top Bottom