• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll:What Characters do YOU think will be cut?

What characters (from brawl) do you think will be cut?

• Toon Link

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Wolf

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Lucas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R.O.B

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Ike

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Lucario

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nessokman

Smash Lord
We know restraints on the 3DS' cartridge space are limiting characters, so out of all these characters that are at risk, which do you think is MOST likely to get the boot? *only one vote because people would choose them all XD*

ChozoBoy

Smash Apprentice
Lucario and Ike are the most likely, considering the success of Awakening characters and Mewtwo's likely return. He's not on this list, but Marth could either get his Shadow Dragon redesign or maybe replaced by "Marth." (Lucina) Sakurai could go after Wolf, possibly. Alph has a small chance of replacing Olimar and I could see some shuffling of similar characters with Sheik and Ganondorf. Though he seems to have given up/gotten lazy on updating the Zelda series and there's not much use in trying to predict Sakrai precisely, however.

The only reason I'd see PT dropped are because it is the work and memory space of three characters, and might be taxing on 3DS like the ICs are. (Especially when there are four running around.) That's a big selling-point character, though.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I have a strange feeling Wolf will get cut don't know why but its just a feeling I have

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I have a strange feeling Wolf will get cut don't know why but its just a feeling I have
I don't see why he'd get cut either. He is a villain (which we need more of) from a fairly popular series. If anything just give him a bit more different of a moveset. I'd like Krystal but I don't see her replacing Wolf. Although we do need more female characters also.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I thought I read that it is confirmed that not everyone fromelee and brawl will make it into this game

"We're forced to reduce characters to a certain degree." Some people are speculating that they might have to reduce the quality of characters instead of the number of characters. Aesthetics, flashiness, etc. given that the 3DS is much weaker.

Also I would like to note this drawing by Sakurai himself:

Though I cannot say with 100% certainty I believe Zero Suit Samus is relatively safe.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Don't remind me...I'd rather lose Falco than Wolf. If anyone has to go, let it be Falco, as much as I like him. I speculate also that Lucario, Ike, Snake, Toon Link, possibly Sonic and maybe even Ice Climbers will potentially get cut as well.

Btw, this thread is going to get locked, I'm pretty sure.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmm, It's a bit hard to say who will be cut if anyone at all. I doubt it's Ike though, he's a unique character. Perhaps the Pokemon trainer won't be in as a three-in-one would eat up a lot of space. But again, unique character. The only ones I see getting cut are Toon Link, Lucas, Wolf/Falco and Lucario. Toon Link seems the the most obvious, as he's the most clone-ish(despite being the better of the two :troll:). Lucas, while somewhat different, comes from one of the "lesser" series in Nintendo's backlog of franchises. While Falco/Wolf are some of least clone-ish characters a long with good ol' Luigi. Falco's been around since Melee, so he's built the bigger fanbase for his fighting style and let's be honest, he looks more unique, as he is obviously not a canine. And looks will matter to some people. And wolf, who has some more drastic differences compared to Fox and Falco. But If one was canned, then certain properties of one could potentially be added to the other to make them stand out even more from Fox. And then's Lucario. Lucario is a pretty popular Pokemon no doubt. But it would surprise me if Lucario was replaced with newer Pokemon from Gen 5 or Gen 6. Not much else to say about him.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Toon Link is done as far as I see it, and Lucario and Lucas are the next in line probably. After that it'd probably be Wolf, ZSS, R.O.B, and maybe even Jigglypuff. Ike's chances depend solely on if another FE character makes it in.

The only one of these characters I see in the safe zone is Pokemon Trainer, though I see him being heavily edited.

I hope that this many characters won't be cut though, and I doubt it, hopefully it'll just be 3 or 4 cuts at maximum.

grizby2

Smash Lord
no snake option? what type'a poll iz dis?

besides snake, id say toon link and pokemon trainer. if toon link stays , then he needs to be radically different, nothing less.
pokemon trainer movesets irk me a little because a lot of the moves resemble other characters moves (ie: squirtles Dair/A combo/water gun = Mario, charizards neutral B, a combo, side smash = bowser ect..) the only one I thought was unique was ivysaur's. but a lot of his moves left him open. :[
again, if pkmn trainer stays, they need to make the moves more different.

grizby2

Smash Lord
"We're forced to reduce characters to a certain degree." Some people are speculating that they might have to reduce the quality of characters instead of the number of characters. Aesthetics, flashiness, etc. given that the 3DS is much weaker.

Also I would like to note this drawing by Sakurai himself:

Though I cannot say with 100% certainty I believe Zero Suit Samus is relatively safe.
I spy with my little eye a mr. Saturn <3 lucas hold on tight baby.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Lucario might make way for another pokemon rep, perhaps Mewtwo since he got a new look.

That said, I think Snake might get cut since they want to keep third party characters to a minimum. If they aren't going to have more than two, than I think Sonic is more likely to return than Snake.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
The only characters I'm ok with seeing go are Jigglypuff, Sonic and Toon Link, although I think Falco is also an acceptable if disappointing loss. Not that I don't like them, its just that they seem to deserve to go most (Jiggs is rather unimportant and has faded into obscurity, TL is a clone and a second version of an existing character and Sonic is third party and kinda bland. Falco is awesome but he's still very similar to Fox, and if him staying endangers Wolf, I'd rather see him go.)

Ike and Lucario, as stated numerous times, face importance issues, but if Chrom and Mewtwo are put in and take on similar fighting styles, then I'm ok with them being cut too. Ice Climbers are kind of insignificant too, and somewhat unpopular due to chaingrabbing shenanigans, so I suppose them going would be acceptable, although I doubt Sakurai will eliminate them due to being a unique retro rep. Snake seems like he may be a goner due to being third party and not being an important character to Nintendo recently too.

Hopefully Sakurai will pay attention to who the fans like most and eliminate the obscure and unpopular first, like Jiggs, Ice Climbers and Sonic, before taking out fan favorites like TL, Lucario and Wolf.

People seem to feel that Lucas or Ness will be cut. I don't think they will. They are already unique fighters as is, and offer unique fighting styles from the rest of the cast. While its true that Mother has kind of faded into the background, it was still a popular trilogy in Japan. They certainly deserve to stay in over, say, Ice Climbers, who are neither very popular nor important to Nintendo.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since I don't like talking about cuts, I'm not touching this thread with a 19-foot long pole.

D

Deleted member

CONFIRMED TIER
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Fox
Kirby
Link
Pikachu
Pit
Samus
Mario
WTF Trainer
MegaMan
Villager

GUARANTEED TIER
Peach
Ness
Wario
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Luigi
Marth
Jigglypuff
Meta Knight

VERY STUPID IF REMOVED TIER
Diddy Kong
Ice Climbers
King Dedede
Olimar
Snake
Sonic
Mr. Game & Watch
Ganondorf
Zelda

UNDERSTANDABLE TIER
Ike
Lucas
Pokémon Trainer
Toon Link
Wolf

KILL IT WITH [CHRISTIAN BOARD] FIRE TIER (ordered best to [CHRISTIAN BOARD])
R.O.B.
Falco
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
KILL IT WITH [CHRISTIAN BOARD] FIRE TIER (ordered best to [CHRISTIAN BOARD])
R.O.B.
Falco
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Sheik
Falco is Fox's Luigi, no way he should be cut, cut Wolf before him, there's a reason that Falco won over Wolf in Melee's development. Sheik is also very cool, at least much cooler than "Impa" *shudders.*

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd personally put all of the non-confirmed ones in the "VERY STUPID IF REMOVED" Tier. :p

Yes, I'm serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom