• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Huggles828 - Meta Knight
Arizen - Meta Knight
Red Ryu - Meta Knight
Scabe - Meta Knight || May have voted in another board
Anaky - N/A Check timing of post in other boards.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,
And a generic greeting from the -Insert Character Board Here- boards to you too, Susa!

I've never been to a tourney (that'll be fixed this Saturday, haha), but I'm going to say it's probably Meta Knight. Falco and Dedede are also big matchups to know because all three are common top tier matchups that Link struggles mightily with, but Meta Knight is so prevalent you have to know how to play against him.

Rizen

Smash Legend
1 MU? Link has at least 15 must-know MUs. This format isn't good for characters like Link but since I have to choose 1, MK. He's the most common very bad MU.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If I had to pick one it would be MK hands down.

Even if it could be argued another character is harder than him for Link, there is no other character who is more common than him in tournament play.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Meta knight is the hardest and you definatly need to know the matchup but do you really think Link win any meta knight matches. I say no. Fact is metaknight is just a **** tastic peice of machine that Link can't do anything about.

I want to take a different approach here and think for a minute. When would be a situation I would actually use Link. Because Link cant really win tourneys by himself. He is at best a counter pick character so you must think what makes link worth playing.

The answer when you think about it is simple. SNAKE. It's the most important matchup because out of all the top characters, Link would be the most viable here but still at a slight disadv. You REALLY need to know the Snake matchup if you ever want to play Link correctly as a counterpick.

Now I main Link so I use him for everybody but Im trying to think from a general public perspective

Other important matchups in my opinion include Marth (because most of the great snake players i have played have a pocket marth) Meta is obv. Falco is also important because he is a special case.

Top Bottom