• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll for some improvements on the website.

Should SWF give the users an option to turn off world filter? What about deleting your own posts?

• Yes, I would like a switch or button that turns the filter on or off.

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No, I wouldn't like a switch or button that turns the filter on or off.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes, I would like to have the ability to delete my own posts.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No, I wouldn't like the ability to delete my own posts.

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I MEANT TO SAY WORD, NOT WORLD.
Please discuss reasons why and please share this link to all your friends so they can take part in the poll. IMO, I would want to be able to do both in order to reduce silly infractions over something so small, thus wasting less time to talk to a mod about it. These are the only things I came up with or have problems with right now. I made this poll for my post here.
http://smashboards.com/threads/senate-sponsored-swf-suggestion-box.299959/
Hello I would like to address some improvements this website can make. Right now all I have a problem is with double posting. Instead of getting infractions, for posting again, we should get a warning. I did not know that posting multiple times in a row is a big deal. Anyways, we should get the option to delete our posts in case we accidentally double post OR if some users (like me) don't understand what double posting is, since it isn't specific enough in the rules. This rule ->(Multiple posts in a row. If you wish to add/modify content you have already posted, use the "edit" function.) is not specific enough. It doesn't say how long you need to wait or what are the conditions of being able to post something again in the same thread or in another thread. Another thing is users should have the ability to have a explicit word filter. This way, people who do not get butthurt over "curse" words. All guest users should obviously have the filter on. This means no one should complain about swear words if they have the filter off. There should be some sort of icon or stamp on a post that signifies if the word filter was on or off in case someone turns their filter on. I doubt having the filter off will engage in more "fights" over the internet. The filter is just something that gives a user "responsibility" on what they say. These rules are something that should and can be fixed easily to improve the site. Here I am wasting my time over little things 13 year olds fight about. Also, isn't it required for a person to be at least 18 years of age in order to sign up? If possible, I would like to speak to the website designer of smashboards. Am I able to start a poll or something somewhere where all the people on smashboards could see and vote on their opinion about what I just said? If so, please direct me to the correct page so I do not make a mistake or get infracted, Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom