• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poker Night 3

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
If you like your crossover shizziness, then you've probably heard of Telltale's Poker Night at the Inventory series. The basic premise of the games is that you play as The Player from Telltale Texas Hold Em and play poker against many different unrelated characters from various different mediums in a club called the Inventory.

The first game featured Tycho from Penny Arcade, The RED Heavy from Team Fortress 2, Max from Sam & Max and Strong Bad from Homestar Runner, with General Winslow from Tales of Monkey Island as the host. The second game featured Claptrap from Borderlands, Brock Samson from Venture Brothers, Ash Williams from Evil Dead and Sam from Sam & Max, with GLaDOS from Portal as the host. The game is also well known for including tonnes of cameo characters that appear in the intro and around the Inventory.

The games also features a very unique brand of humour which involves the different characters telling each other about their adventures and making small talk. It's surprising how so many unrelated characters can work off each other so perfectly. This naturally got me thinking about the potential roster for the third game...

My dream roster would be Deadpool from Marvel Comics, The RED Medic from Team Fortress 2, Zangief from Street Fighter and Ted from Ted, with Harley Quinn from DC Comics as the host. I think I can easily see Deadpool asking Zangief how to pull off a spinning piledriver or Ted wanting to fondle Harley's ****.

Example Conversation:
Deadpool: Hey Zangief, I frickin' love Street Fighter! Tell me, how did you first think of the Spinning Piledriver?
Zangief: It happened when I was training in the snow, when a bear attacked me! I attempted to piledrive it, but then I was caught in a tornado!
Ted: Hey, bears are an endangered species, pal!

Now, it's your turn. Pick a four man roster with a host, and give us some example conversations. Include what series they are from as well.

Top Bottom