• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Z may come soon, new Zygarde forms leaked

(I'm sorry if this doesn't warrant it's own thread, I just didn't know which thread to post it)

So, the green blob has been confirmed to be Zygarde's form, with three other forms confirmed as well:

The blob is called Zygarde Core, the flat blob is Zygarde Cell, the dog is Zygarde 10%, the normal one is Zygarde 50% and the giant one is Zygarde Perfect Forme.

Also, the Pokemon XY anime is renamed to Pokemon XY&Z anime:

The scan also shows a different-looking Greninja, called "Ash Greninja".

I think these strongly hint that Pokemon Z is coming soon.

EDIT: Corrected blob form's name and added a mention of another form, Zygarde Cell (the flat blob form).

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Titan French Flag Zygarde is amazing, and looks way more like a Pokemon than Kyurem and Gen 4 Legends ever did. Dog is unexpected and kinda creepy, the % form ideas sound unique. I am hype

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Pokemon is slowly becoming more and more like Digimon at this point...

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
There had better be a Z. So many fans, me included, are still mad that there's a Black and White, but no Gray/Grey.

I don't really like the names of the dog and original forms. Zygarde 10% and Zygarde 50% just sound dumb and uncreative.

Pokemon is slowly becoming more and more like Digimon at this point...
Indeed. Kyurem fusing with Zekrom/Reshiram in BW2, Mega Evolutions in XY, and now these.

There had better be a Z. So many fans, me included, are still mad that there's a Black and White, but no Gray/Grey.
I liked how BW2 had a new story, but I didn't like how there were two versions. Best outcome would be a new story (like in BW2) and only one version. Better postgame is a must.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm getting a real Frieza vibe from Zygarde and I don't like it. Hopefully this trend of multiple forms calms down after this.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hmm...

The little blob/cell guy is cute as always. I still wish it was a Gen. 7 Pokemon, though.
The dog form is really unexpected and seems a bit out of place, but I LOVE the design.
The perfect form looks really cool. I notice it has blue and red on it now, so does that mean Xerneas and Yveltal have something to do with this form? Maybe?

The main thing that disappoints me, though, is that now "normal" Zygarde seems kinda uninteresting now, since all the other forms look so much better in design. At least in my opinion.

Also, I don't fully understand how these forms work. Is it related to health percentages, or something else?

Finally... An Ash Greninja...? Um, OK then.

Overall... I typically don't buy the third versions of games, so I might end up skipping out on this one, too. I did get Black2/White2, but those were an official sequel, rather than just a third version to go along with the existing game. I know third versions generally have a lot of new stuff, but I'm still happy with the game from the original pair that I already have. In this case, Pokemon Y. So, I'm not really as hyped as some others might be.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I really wish GF would stop making rehashes like Emerald, Platinum, etc. and do another BW2 if they need to make another game in a region we've already been to recently.

:007:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Indeed. Kyurem fusing with Zekrom/Reshiram in BW2, Mega Evolutions in XY, and now these.
Digimon wasn't the first to use those concepts and it doesn't have a monopoly on them at all. The thing is, Pokémon is allowed to explore these concepts because they potentially allow the series to advance their own ideas and stories, and they shouldn't ignore them just because Digimon, Monster Rancher, or any other monster franchise in fear of becoming more like those franchises.

Plus, Pokémon doesn't use those ideas haphazardly. Fusion for instance was only used with Kyurem because it fit the lore of the Pokémon and it made sense to use the concept to advance their idea for the Pokémon. It's not like they threw in the idea and allowed you to combine Jigglypuff and Magnemite of all things.

Last edited:
Digimon wasn't the first to use those concepts and it doesn't have a monopoly on them at all. The thing is, Pokémon is allowed to explore these concepts because they potentially allow the series to advance their own ideas and stories, and they shouldn't ignore them just because Digimon, Monster Rancher, or any other monster franchise in fear of becoming more like those franchises.

Plus, Pokémon doesn't use those ideas haphazardly. Fusion for instance was only used with Kyurem because it fit the lore of the Pokémon and it made sense to use the concept to advance their idea for the Pokémon. It's not like they threw in the idea and allowed you to combine Jigglypuff and Magnemite of all things.
Yes, I agree, and I wasn't complaining.

Shog

Smash Ace
Btw I think people are hypocrites if they think Kyurem/Gen 4 Legends are find but Zygarde looks "ridiculous" for them. (I am NOT saying that they can dislike the design because it isn't a serpent anymore etc. But if they call it over-the-top, Digimon etc. ... hypocrites, plain and simple)

finalark

SNORLAX

Pretty much. Things like fusion and transforming into bigger, badder forms has been a staple of the mon genre for years, well before Pokemon hit the scene.

Not to mention that people being salty over things like Mega Evo and Pokemon having different forms is just silly given that transforming to become more powerful has been a staple of the series since the beginning.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Pretty much. Things like fusion and transforming into bigger, badder forms has been a staple of the mon genre for years, well before Pokemon hit the scene.

Not to mention that people being salty over things like Mega Evo and Pokemon having different forms is just silly given that transforming to become more powerful has been a staple of the series since the beginning.
I personally just think the alternate forms we've been seeing is being over done a bit. Evolution has been in since the beginning. Mega Evolution is fine with me. I don't even have a problem with alternate forms overall, but now that its so common its getting annoying to me. "Ash Greninja" for example.

finalark

SNORLAX
I personally just think the alternate forms we've been seeing is being over done a bit. Evolution has been in since the beginning. Mega Evolution is fine with me. I don't even have a problem with alternate forms overall, but now that its so common its getting annoying to me. "Ash Greninja" for example.
I actually agree to an extent. In my opinion, alternate forms are cool but should be used sparingly. "Ash Greninja" is really, really dumb. At first I thought it was some event exclusive ash gray color Greninja, and that could have been cool. But slapping Ash's color palette onto him is just stupid.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's good knowing that Zygarde has received some additional forms, because the original form that was in Pokemon X/Y is an embarrassment with a base stat total of only 600.

The Perfect Forme will probably have a much higher stat total (probably 700) to further prove its superiority over Xerneas and Yveltal.

The other Zygarde forms might end up having lower stat totals than the 50% Forme, with Zygarde Cell being the weakest.

As for the "Ash Greninja", it's probably just a pure aesthetic, much like with how Furfrou's forms are completely aesthetic themselves.

Last edited:

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Before we dismiss this "ash greninja", which I agree is kinda dumb if it is an isolated case, lets consider the possibility of pokémon that change their appearance to reflect their trainer. I think it would be really cool to have your starter reflect you, whether it reflects your trainer's appearance or training style (what EVs you gave it) could be an interesting idea. I hope they do something like that, because if there is all of a sudden an "ash greninja" and no other pokémon of that sort, then it seems like a dumb idea.

Before we dismiss this "ash greninja", which I agree is kinda dumb if it is an isolated case, lets consider the possibility of pokémon that change their appearance to reflect their trainer. I think it would be really cool to have your starter reflect you, whether it reflects your trainer's appearance or training style (what EVs you gave it) could be an interesting idea. I hope they do something like that, because if there is all of a sudden an "ash greninja" and no other pokémon of that sort, then it seems like a dumb idea.
Maybe we'll finally get Ashcachu (Ash Pikachu) in a Pokemon game? :troll:

But I hope that they won't do more of these anymore, they just are really unnecessary. Remember Notched-Ear Pichu, who was available in one generation and was ditched completely after that (Ditched-Ear Pichu :troll:). This Ash Greninja could very well end up like him. Both debuted in the anime, and I can very well see Ash Greninja as event-only.

Also, official artwork:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm not gonna lie. These new forms of Zygarde look sick.

I wonder if they will change the typing of the dog form. Either way 100% form will be cool to see in ubers.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The first trailer for the new anime season was just released for those that want to know more about it. One of the scenes briefly show Zygarde's 10% forme and Ash-Greninja in action. It's also confirmed that the Team Flare scientists will be making an appearance in the upcoming season.

As for my personal thoughts, I had a feeling beforehand that Zygarde's new form gimmick would involve the cells amassing together to create one giant Pokemon thanks to all the theories that have been brought forth when Zygarde Core and the silhouette of Zygarde's Complete Forme were first revealed. Now that it's all been officially revealed, I feel satisfied with the news. I like the concept, and I have a feeling Pokemon Z could involve some sort of scavenger hunt where you need to find a various Zygarde cells and cores to obtain the Complete Forme later on, or maybe Team Flare will also be after them just like you will and at some point in the game, they steal all of the Zygarde cells and cores you collected to further advance their plans of summoning Zygarde's Complete Forme on their own.

When I first saw Zygarde's new forms at first, I found them a bit odd at first considering they weren't the designs expected. I thought the Complete Forme was still going to retain the snake-like form, and I was also very shocked that we had another completely new form. he more I look at them, however, the more the designs are growing on me in a good way. Zygarde's 10% Forme looks like a Pokemon that could be in my top 100 favorite Pokemon thanks to its design, and the Complete Forme has a sort of "ruler of the earth" design that seems pretty fitting considering it monitors the ecosystems.

As for the Ash-Greninja, I don't mind it at all. In fact, I actually like the black coloring coming out of its ears and the red hue on the top of its head. I originally thought this was going to be Greninja's Mega Evolution (which wouldn't be too surprising since it would be a great idea to give Kalos Pokemon Mega Evolutions with the newest games), though after I read its official English description (which you can read below), I don't think it may be the case.

Ash’s Greninja takes on a mysterious new appearance in the latest season! Ash-Greninja is the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja’s appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash’s attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.

I remember reading a comment on another Pokemon forum that suggested the Ash-Greninja phenomenon could actually be similar to AZ's Floette, especially when you learn Greninja assumes this form when its "bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit" and such a phenomenon is "said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region." When you look at AZ's Floette, it does look a lot different from other Floettes since it has a completely different flower and its color scheme is different. In fact, the color scheme on AZ's Floette matches the AZ's clothing when he was the Kalos King (going off the dark coloring), and considering the two share a very close relationship, perhaps this Ash-Greninja phenomena happened between AZ and his Floette as well.

It's even worth noting that about a month ago, Pokemon's marketing director gave the cryptic message "flowers" to hint at Pokemon's future when interviewed by Nintendo World Report, so there's no doubt more information about AZ's Floette will be revealed in Z (and perhaps even in the anime). This is all just speculation and it could end up becoming false, but I thought I'd provide these ideas as food for thought. I do hope that Greninja won't be the only one that will have this form change treatment though.

As for the anime itself, I'm definitely looking forward to it, though the inclusion of the Team Flare scientists is giving me thoughts that Pokemon Z may not be a sequel. I mean, I'm pretty sure the scientists are finished with Lysandre's supposed downfall, at least if Xerosic is anything to go by. I'm curious to see what will Team Flare's leadership be like in the upcoming game.

I'm personally hoping Z will be a sequel though. I mean, I don't see Team Flare using Zygarde to fuel the ultimate weapon, and if the anime is anything to go by, it looks Team Flare will use Zygarde for something else that we will only understand over the coming months.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Part of me is still rather curious about the base stats that each Zygarde form would get. We know that the 50% Zygarde has the following stat values...

HP: 108
Attack: 100
Defense: 121
SP ATK: 81
SP DEF: 95
Speed: 95
Total: 600

But what about the other forms? I'll try to speculate them, if possible...

[collapse=Zygarde Cell]HP: 28
Attack: 30
Defense: 31
SP ATK: 21
SP DEF: 35
Speed: 35
Total: 180

Since we know that Zygarde Cell isn't able to learn any moves (outside of Splash, if anything), its stats would have to be rather weak.[/collapse]

[collapse=Zygarde Core]HP: 48
Attack: 40
Defense: 51
SP ATK: 31
SP DEF: 45
Speed: 35
Total: 250

Albeit stronger than Zygarde Cell, it's still on the weak side.[/collapse]

[collapse=Zygarde 10%]HP: 68
Attack: 100
Defense: 71
SP ATK: 51
SP DEF: 65
Speed: 145
Total: 500

If it has high speed, then the base speed would have to be quite high too.[/collapse]

[collapse=Zygarde Complete]HP: 128
Attack: 150
Defense: 121
SP ATK: 111
SP DEF: 95
Speed: 115
Total: 720

As the Order Pokemon, it stands to reason that Zygarde's Complete form would have to be quite strong.[/collapse]

This is just my two cents though, as it remains to be seen how those new forms will be handled in the next game.

CassandraZD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groosinator
3DS FC
5429-9033-2238
These new Zygarde formes are really weird. In fact, Zygardes old forme is even weird. I look forward to seeing an explanation to this design when we see how each forme works.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Ah Pokemon never stop referencing other popular stuff within your universe. First we got Frieza/Mewtwo, now we have Perfect Cell/100% Zygarde. I really hope 100% Zygarde is strong as hell, like that thing better be able to stand up to the Ubers of the past generations.

Top Bottom