• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer vs King Dedede

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Hey D3 mains. I'm in charge of the PT matchup thread in the PT board, and are doing a kind-of-weekly discussion, and you guys are up!

Here's our thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=194792

And i'm really open to playing anyone here, there's a good d3 guy in my smash crew but I'd love to test the matchup more for myself.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
A little something to get this started on this board...

Just some input I have, we have a pretty good D3 guy in the smash crew here.

Ivysaur does okay...Razor Leaf bothers D3 from afar since it cuts through Waddle crap and continues to hit D3. The chaingrab bothers Ivysaur a lot though, since it is pretty much a guaranteed way to get Ivysaur off stage, which is where he doesn't want to be. However, Bullet Seed is an amazing punisher and could very well be described as an "equalizer" since it has the potential to do 50% to the fat penguin. If Ivysaur can tell when D3 wants to try and grab, spotdodge to BS is very effective.

Ftilt is what d3 will use to space, it outranges ivy's bair, although ivy can just jump over the ftilt and bair/fair d3, or short hop razor leaf.

Ivysaur just wants to keep its distance and slowly rack up damage, and then switch off to Charizard to kill. As long as Ivy can avoid getting grabbed, Ivy really should be fairly safe.

Charizard. Charizard charizard charizaaaaaaaaaard. I really REALLY like charizard here. The only thing that D3 really has on Zard is that ******** chaingrab. In comes Flamethrower and Rock Smash. D3 does not have an effective way around those two attacks. Both screw with Waddles and d3's huge frame work toward zard's favor.

charizard also has a larger grab range than d3. d3 can obviously chaingrab but zard can also do quite a bit out of his throws, so d3 cannot dismiss that. things like bair and perhaps even fair are pretty liable to shieldgrabs.

squirtle...well he can't be chaingrabbed so that's good. squirtle is really really mobile. I don't think d3 can really keep up with squirtle, especially a good player where you can't predict where squirtle will be. there are ways for squirtle to get around d3's grab.

squirtle has a decent grab if he can get inside, and it'll likely lead to a nice chain of attacks from squirtle that d3 will have a hard time escaping.

bair and nair are d3's only attacks that will save him when squirtle chains stuff in the air since the other moves have some lag or have unhelpful hitboxes so yeah.

squirtle has to play patiently so that when he does get an attack in, he can continue the series and then go back to playing safely.

yep

something VERY notable is that squirtle's water gun will totally **** with a d3 trying to cancel the super jump near the ledge

Onxy

Smash Lord
:Crickets:

Wow, that's really arrogant to ignore a matchup like that.

Top Bottom