• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality Pokemon Stadium

Is pokemon stadium lack of being able to see your opponent or yourself okay?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Megumin

Smash Rookie
Why is this legal? I mean not being able to see yourself or your opponent seems like a huge downfall for people.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Almost like a trick question with the poll lol. I agree it sucks that you can't see yourself near ledge while offstage, and that does add an extra variable to the equation, but I believe the stage should remain legal as it is.

Jesus!

Smash Cadet
it's incredibly minor and only lasts for a few seconds, it's fine as a stage.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Should we ban Battlefield too because you can get stuck under the lip?

This is much too minor to require a ban.

thf24

Smash Cadet
I feel like Stadium wouldn't be legal if there was a better alternative for a sixth legal stage at this point (need at least six stages so players can't be forced to counterpick themselves). For all the reasons people complain about it, not just this one.

PS is good enough to play on. That's why it's legal. If there were a 7th good stage to play on, we'd have ABBAAB stage striking. That's the only thing that would change. If a stage better than PS existed and PS didn't, we'd have what we have now; 5 neutral stages for ABBA stage striking + 1 counter pick stage

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
If you're any good you can get a feel for where you are, and if your opponent goes down it doesn't matter too much, as far as I can tell.

AirFair

Marth tho
This isn't really a problem if you know the stage well, since under the ledges are the only spot you would have trouble at all.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
Not being able to visually see your character perform an action doesn't keep them from doing it. If you're able to avoid getting stuck under Dreamland, just do that same thing on PS.

tewr24

Smash Rookie
NNID
tewr24
There is not much variation in the stages Melee has to offer in the first place, so the removal of PS from competitive viability wound make the game that much more more so uniform and bland. PS is, in my opinion, the most chaotic of the 6 for various reasons I'll assume you know, so yes, the lack of vision may seem unfair at times, but I believe this is what the game needs. Just a touch more imbalance and unpredictablity to keep all players on their proverbial toes.

Top Bottom