• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PokéBrawl

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641

Hello there! Welcome to the world of PokéBrawl! My name is Kazyx.
My family calls me “The Pokémon Professor”! The world of PokéBrawl
is inhabited by creatures called Pokémon! For some people, Pokémon
are pets. Others use them for fights. Myself...I’d study Pokémon
as a profession if I could!

What are Pokémon?
Pokémon—short for pocket monsters—are the primary focus of the Pokémon franchise. People known as Pokémon Trainers go out into the vast expanse of their region, which to us would be a country, and capture these Pokémon, and conduct battles against one another to prove who is the better Trainer.

Pokémon come in a variety of types, shapes, sizes and strengths. Due to this, some Pokémon may have the upper hand against other Pokémon, who in turn could have the advantage against an entirely different Pokémon! With over six hundred and forty-nine existing Pokémon, the possible selection to choose from is only limited by one’s own personal tastes.

What is the goal of PokéBrawl?
PokéBrawl takes the immersion of Pokémon existing in the Super Smash Brothers universe, and gives it a PP Max (Power Point Max), if you will. Due to Pokémon existing in the Super Smash Brothers universe since the beginning, it becomes understandable that the fan outcry for “I want [Pokémon A] in!” while another fan says “[Pokémon A] would be unable to fight in a Smash environment! [Pokémon B] is much more suited for an environment such as Super Smash Brothers!”

This is where PokéBrawl comes in.

Our overall goal is to be able to incorporate the best candidates, which would consist of unique fighting styles and Pokémon Generation variety, into this major overhaul of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Removing all non-Pokémon franchise characters, stages and music would be the first thing on the to-do list, followed by replacing them with a slew of Pokémon franchise-related content instead! The final steps would be balancing the characters accordingly, as to not have an issue such as the debate between Metaknight's banning.

Q: Will [Insert Pokémon Name] be incorporated into PokéBrawl?
A: While the overall roster has yet to be completely decided, [Insert Pokémon Name] has just as much of a chance as any of the other six hundred and forty-nine Pokémon. Every Pokémon is unique in its own way, and we must decide whether or not [Insert Pokémon Name] can truly fit into an environment that has been established by Super Smash Brothers.

Q: Is [Insert playable Pokémon from SSB64/SSBM/SSBB] in this? S/he better be in this, or so help me G-
A:
Now now! No need to be tossing around the Almighty’s name out in such a violent gesture! We can assure you that ALL Pokemon who have been playable in Super Smash Brothers to this date (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard) are all guaranteed positions within PokéBrawl. However, they way they play may change drastically.

Q: Is there any way that I can help?
A:
As of this moment, PokéBrawl is looking for any coders, moveset hackers, and importers that are willing to help with the project. The team is currently rather tiny and inexperienced when it comes to modifying aspects of the game (you’re pretty much looking at the entire team at the moment as you read this post), but is willing to learn some new tricks along the way. In short, yes, all help is greatly appreciated.

Project Leaders Kazyx Lead Character Developments -- Additional Coders -- Character Design/Development Kazyx Graphics/Menu Design -- Stage Design --

Debeeters

Smash Rookie
Awesome. I've absolutely no help or advice to offer, but I certainly do hope to see your perhaps over-ambitious project take off.

Best of luck!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sounds cool.

I'm assuming Pokemon will be matched up to similar characters like Blaziken = Captain Falcon or Gardevoir = Zelda.

I have no programming skills so all I can do is give support.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Do you have any progress to show? Usually for threads like this they want some sort of evidence that there's progress, and without that I guarantee you this thread will be locked within a week.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
This sounds awesome
Awesome. I've absolutely no help or advice to offer, but I certainly do hope to see your perhaps over-ambitious project take off.

Best of luck!
Sounds cool.

I'm assuming Pokemon will be matched up to similar characters like Blaziken = Captain Falcon or Gardevoir = Zelda.

I have no programming skills so all I can do is give support.
Thanks for the supportive words. I sure hope this project can get off to a good start.
As to your question, Guybrush, there may be some similarities, but overall characters are going to made from the ground up. A clean slate allows a smoother concept.

Do you have any progress to show? Usually for threads like this they want some sort of evidence that there's progress, and without that I guarantee you this thread will be locked within a week.
I have conceptual stuff, such as some character possibilities and potential statistics, but other than those I don't really have anything to display, unfortunately.

Provided I am able to pick up at least one coder, one PSA designer and an importer, or someone skilled in a couple of these departments, there would be a good chance that this project will produce results.

And, as stated within my opening post, while I'm looking for people to assist, I am willing to learn how to do these things, but I'm limited in my resources for the time being (Lack of that modelling program everyone seems to use).

If I can get at least some basic, yet clear, instructions, as to how to import models (biggest issue here), and how to make animations, then I should be able to speed up the process of this project.

But I thank you, JediKnightTemplar, for informing me of the situation I sit in. I should have thought of that prior to displaying the project here. I feel rather foolish now. Heh heh ^^;;

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
My apologies for double-posting. But I thought, due to low activity, that I should inform the community of this project's progress.

According to my progress report, PokéBrawl, unfortunately, doesn't look too good. I'm going to continue my work on the project, but if anyone is willing to help in any way possible, you can contact me via PM on here.

Until this project is more than just a concept, and actually has some actual body to it, I have no issues with it becoming locked by the Moderation team. It's their job, afterall, and the locking of this topic won't destroy the project's dreams. It may just delay them, if anything.

I thank those of you who, while unable to assist with the project, have shown interest in this project. It shall be worked on, and shall not be dropped. It is just going to be significantly slower than hoped for.

The short version of my post is as follows:
This topic can be locked until actual progress can be displayed. Any offers for help can be sent to me via PM, and are welcomed. Last of all, I thank those who took interest in this project, and hope that you shall continue supporting this project even during this unfortunate occurrence.

Top Bottom