• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket characters for Ness

Who should I pocket play?

• Fun character-Roy or Mario

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Boring Character-Sheik

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

SirBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seymorebuts
I play Ness in TN and I am power ranked as best in TN. The problem is I get beat a lot by ryu, yoshi, and Rosaluma. While Rosaluma is a given I'm not quite sure how to handle the other two. I play Pikachu as my secondary but I need a pocket character just in case. I like Mario and Roy but should I play Sheik even though I find her boring? I'm very good with all three but my sheik is best out of the three I can pocket play. Unfortunately Roy and Mario are not as good but they are so much fun compared to sheik. I would appreciate any help or advice from you guys.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I would say sheik because she covers all of Ness' worst match ups and is one of Ness' worst match ups to begin with. If you don't like playing as sheik don't play her. Play the character you enjoy.

Jenna Zant

Smash Journeyman
Play who you want to play. If you're interested in a character, play them.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Play whoever you like. If you are serious about matchups and you don't like Sheik, try Dark Pit out for Rosaluma. For Yoshi and Ryu I think Mario gets the job done if you don't like playing Ness against them.

[SKS] Yung Lamppost

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yung-Lamppost
3DS FC
2122-8762-7129
there's no reason to play a character if you find them boring even though they cover alot of m/u's, for example, i pocket shiek cause i actually enjoy playing her a lot. you should just find a fun alternative to cover bad m/u's for ness. i'm pretty sure mario plays good against the majority of his weak m/u's so you should give him a try.

Top Bottom