• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Wont Update

JoshySorrows

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but my PM wont update. The launcher needs to be updated otherwise the game crashes when i click paly (I assume thats the problem). When i click update it says, "The Project M info.xml file was not found. Do you want to force the detected version to v3.00?) I click yes and then it will say there is a launcher update to 1.11. I click yes then it updates, but when it finishes it says "Storing Update Failed!" Help would be greatly appreciated as I very much want to play the game. Thank you!

D

Deleted member

I'm having the same problem too. When I hit "Play", the game doesn't load and takes me back to the Wii Menu. If I try updating, the loading bar will fill up and then will say it failed ;-; (P.S I'm using a Wii U, would that be the reason why?)

D

Deleted member

Launcher update has issues. Just use the files from the website
Which files are these? I only really know about downloading the game from the website, taking what's in the folder and moving it to the SD Card.

D

Deleted member

Yes, those files. That's the latest version of pm and you won't need to update using those.
Well even if I didn't need to update, the game still doesn't load. It takes me back to the Wii menu once I press Play.

D

Deleted member

Ntsc? Sd card unlocked? 2gb? Hackless? Files on Sd correctly? Brawl disc has no problems being read?
Yeah i'm here in America and everything is correct. 2gb, it is the hackless version, i copied the files correctly and the Brawl disc has no problems loading.

Raruku

Smash Rookie
I was about to post my problem, but this is the exact problem I am facing at the moment too ( except I have a hackless Wii). I did all the steps above and when I press play it still takes me to the Wii menu. Note: I checked the SD card (unlocked, formatted correctly, 2gb, and correct files at root). Secondly I am also in America and I have a working Brawl disc. Been rechecking the http://projectmgame.com/en/download directions and forum post just in case I missed anything.

JoshySorrows

Smash Rookie
I downloaded the files directly from the website, but it is not the correct launcher. They are the ones on August 18th and I downloaded them today. What should I do?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If PM won't fully load, am I just gonna have to wait til the next version is released? I know I did everything correctly, especially since this isn't my first time downloading the game.

JoshySorrows

Smash Rookie
I have the latest version, but it does not give me the new launcher and it does not work

Last edited:

JoshySorrows

Smash Rookie
I'm referring to the launcher patch 1.11 (I think thats it). It says my launcher is at 1.0 and can be updated to 1.11

Narpas_sword

As i said, use the files that are on the website, dont use the update. The files on the website are the latest.
Something else is going wrong.

You could try replacing the boot file with a gecko one.

JoshySorrows

Smash Rookie
Since I downloaded the files yesterday, should I just redownload once again or use the gecko thing. If so, what is the gecko thing?

D

Deleted member

As i said, use the files that are on the website, dont use the update. The files on the website are the latest.
Something else is going wrong.

You could try replacing the boot file with a gecko one.
Where would I be able to find a gecko file to replace the boot file?

Top Bottom