• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pm wont start up

xXJu$t_Em0xX

Banned via Warnings
NNID
bronylukas
Ive tried many methods, looked at Youtube videos, and even read some threads, but Project M wont start up. I can get to the home menu where it says "play update options ect.", but when i press play the disk will stop and i will return to the wii home screen. I would like to have a detailed explemation with some links on how to fix this problem, and i thank you all in advance.

Your new smasher guy,
XxJu$t_Em0xX

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Have you tried loading via Gecko OS instead?

• Install GeckoOS to your SD card (download link, copy the boot.elf from /Gecko1931/HBC/Gecko1931/ to your SD card root)
  • Load GeckoOS via the Stage Builder, as usual
  • Boot game

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
First, re-format the SD card. Make sure to un-check the "quick format" option.

Then, try downloading from this mirror instead. Extracting should be simple, just extract to a folder on your computer, and then copy the contents to the SD card. The SD card root should contain:

* /codes/
* /projectm/
* gameconfig.txt
* /apps/ (Homebrew) or /private/ and boot.elf (hackless)

If it still doesn't work, the issue is probably the SD card itself.

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
I figured I would revive this as it seems this guy never found a solution and I'm having the same problem.

So a while ago, I had this same error and I asked around on reddit for help. Someone told me to format my SD card and then try again. I did so and it worked like a charm. I come back to my house about 3 months later and it isn't working again and I can't think of any way it might have been messed with (my brother just plays melee on my wii every once in a while). I've formatted my SD card to FAT32 a few times already and it hasn't worked. Haven't tried GeckoOS yet though I only want to use that as a last resort as everything has worked fine without it.

TriNewton

Smash Cadet
I recently got it to work too! Turned out all I had to do was clean the disc and it works like a charm.

Top Bottom