• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM specific fox tech

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Hi . I don't see a General fox discussion thread for PM, so I guess it's fine to create a threat for this.

I'm from Melee, I haven't practiced any PM tech like DACUS b-reverse etc. I wanted to know if there is anything interesting fox can do in PM that you can't in Melee. Thanks !

nimigoha

Smash Ace
There's a two frame window to grab ledge out of Illusion from on stage. Use Illusion on your first or second airborne frame after a jump and if you're the right distance away you'll end up just offstage and then grab ledge.

RAR is probably the most important change for Fox. Using Shine to turn around for a Bair is much worse since you lose horizontal momentum.

I'm sure that if certain characters DI Uthrow far to the side to do the SDI you can catch them with a RAR Uair and now they're SDIing into the second hit instead of away from it.

nimigoha

Smash Ace
DACUS isn't any good for Fox. Good for Falco though.

To RAR, run in a direction, hit the other direction to turn around, IMMEDIATELY press jump and AS SOON AS YOU DO push the stick back in the original direction. What this does is turn you around while you're running, making you jump in that direction but facing the opposite way, and the last stick push back to the original direction will keep your momentum.

:GCL::GCL::GCL:(as long as you're running):GCR::GCX::GCL: with the last three done as close together as possible.

Or

:GCR::GCR::GCR::GCL::GCX::GCR:

Note that you have to be running for it to work. If you're dashing then you'll dash dance.

The idea is to jump out of the laggy run turnaround animation.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Cool, I take it it's most useful to throw out a back air far away and fast, like for an edgeguard. This replaces conviniently the moonwalk > bair (not that I was good at it anyway).
Any other uses for it ?

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Yeah that's it. Bair is just so good and being able to move it its direction really fast is so good.

You can RAR before an Uair to mix up the direction they're meant to SDI.

Top Bottom