• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Hackless Install on WiiU Advice

EMPfim

Smash Rookie
So I want to know what SD card I should use when installing Project M 3.6 on WiiU. I have tried other SD cards before (obv they were 2GB and not SDHC). I've tried on my Homebrew Wii but nothing worked so now I'm going to try on my Wii U. All tutorials I have found were followed to the letter but still something always goes wrong. What I want to know is what exact SD card(s) should I use (I will be buying whichever one everyone seems to agree on the most), pref a pic of the card as well, and possibly a step-by-step guide on how to install on WiiU.

Thanks ^_^

EMPfim

Smash Rookie
What happens when you install with your other Sd cards?
The first card would go to the screen that looks like it's been glitched out (the one just before geko starts) then it would just black screen until eventually going back to brawl. The second card would get to the PM menu but the menu options weren't there (ie launch game and so on). but since then the cards have broken and it was on the Wii so I'm not sure about the effects it would have on the WiiU.

EMPfim

Smash Rookie
Theyre 2GB cards, formatted to FAT32, unlocked, and you have no GCN memory cards in?
That is correct. I assume it had something to do with the Wii itself but I just really want to be sure about the SD card I get before I try it on my WiiU.

Top Bottom