• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM 3.6 Wifi Addon Officially Working!!

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
You must take an update. Once complete, simply go to addons, install the wifi addon and check it out. Report any problems to the Bugs Reporting Section thread of Project M. Leave friend codes Below. Mine is in my signature. !!!!!!

Rejoice People, Rejoice!!:popo::gw::peach::pow::disco::happysheep::beezo::ness::muffin:

NOTE: This seems to ONLY work (as of now) if you delete and reinstall the NONHOMBREW version. If this is incorrect please let me know IMMEDIATELY!!

Last edited:

1Flow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jfaithfull
Not to sound stupid, but where is addons?
You don't sound stupid at all XD! WHen you load pM, you see the menu that says, play, update, addons, etc? Please hit update. You will be updating from 1.0 to 1.1 i belive. once complete, go to the addons swection adn install the wifi addon! Hope this hgelps! If any further questions feel free to message me!:)

megabbaut

Smash Apprentice
When I go to "update" it says that there are no updates available :/

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
I'm not understanding the instructions that are given. Can someone help me with getting the wifi version to work on Wii? I have the wifi set downloaded I do believe, but then I'm a bit stuck. I use homebrew to load and I don't think I have a 2GB SD card either. Don't have dolphin either and I use a Mac.

ZGE

Smash Apprentice
Great, but I still don't understand what I need to do. The instructions for doing it on a Wii all look like Greek to me. I've heard people saying that you should only do it on Dolphin, then I've heard that you can only do it with certain add ons and whatnot. I'm just unsure of exactly what I need to do.

ZetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JackRegisteel
I know to add the Wifi Addon, you have to wipe your SD clean for it to work. Weird.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, does matchmaking work after installing the wifi add on or just games with friends?

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
in the past you needed friend codes to actually play games/ matchmaking haas never worked

aggh why does the team have to make it complcated- just release a wifi safe verison seperate till you figure out how the add ons work!

Ol'DirtYB

Smash Rookie
Okay, i finally got it after hours of troubleshooting. I erased my old game files and downloaded the 100% game files from the forum before i completed the steps below. I'm skipping these steps for brevity but if you want them leave a message. This is for a Hackless wii and these are the steps I specifically took to get M to work.

IF it is still not working then do these trouble shooting tips

1. MAKE SURE SD CARD WAS FORMATTED CORRECTLY/FAULTY SD CARD
  2. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WIFI CONNECTION, CHANNEL 1-11 ON ROUTER NORTH AMERICA ONLY**
  3. BE CAREFUL NOT TO MOVE FILES AROUND INSIDE PM FOLDERS/ REDO STEPS 4 THRU 7
My problem was the wifi connection. I haven't seen anything on it in the forums so i'm letting you guys know it is a problem accessing online play. In the settings menu of my Wii, test connections and my network would be connected and seemed to be running fine but i still could not connect to PM 3.6. or update in the launcher menu. This was driving me nuts because i could run Brawl online and previous versions of PM (3.0). JUST 3.6 would not work. I found on Nintendo's website trouble shooting problems with previous connection issues and found one where you have to reconfigure your router channels until you find one that gives you an optimum connection. That was the ticket for me. I guess good wasn't good enough for my Wii or 3.6 and i had to play with my router. I don't know what it is with 3.6 but its been way too finicky

Last edited:

ZetaWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JackRegisteel
Okay, i finally got it after hours of troubleshooting. I erased my old game files and downloaded the 100% game files from the forum before i completed the steps below. I'm skipping these steps for brevity but if you want them leave a message. This is for a Hackless wii and these are the steps I specifically took to get M to work.

IF it is still not working then do these trouble shooting tips

1. MAKE SURE SD CARD WAS FORMATTED CORRECTLY/FAULTY SD CARD
  2. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A WIFI CONNECTION, CHANNEL 1-11 ON ROUTER NORTH AMERICA ONLY**
  3. BE CAREFUL NOT TO MOVE FILES AROUND INSIDE PM FOLDERS/ REDO STEPS 4 THRU 7
My problem was the wifi connection. I haven't seen anything on it in the forums so i'm letting you guys know it is a problem accessing online play. In the settings menu of my Wii, test connections and my network would be connected and seemed to be running fine but i still could not connect to PM 3.6. or update in the launcher menu. This was driving me nuts because i could run Brawl online and previous versions of PM (3.0). JUST 3.6 would not work. I found on Nintendo's website trouble shooting problems with previous connection issues and found one where you have to reconfigure your router channels until you find one that gives you an optimum connection. That was the ticket for me. I guess good wasn't good enough for my Wii or 3.6 and i had to play with my router. I don't know what it is with 3.6 but its been way too finicky
I can launch PM from the Stage Builder without Gecko. Why do we need Gecko. My Wii is modded, but I got PM before I modded it. So I still use the hackless version.

Ol'DirtYB

Smash Rookie
What port does this wifi run on? I would like to port forward.
I can't tell you what channel you should port to because it depends entirely on your service provider and what channel they set the port to. Porting forward woulnt necessarily make it better either. Download a wifi tester app on your smartphone and figure out which channel has the least amount of traffic in your area and port over to that one.

Ol'DirtYB

Smash Rookie
I can launch PM from the Stage Builder without Gecko. Why do we need Gecko. My Wii is modded, but I got PM before I modded it. So I still use the hackless version.
You don't need gecko. Like i said in the beginning of my post, it was just a step i took to get PM to work for me and i didnt want to leave out any details. I left it in the steps because i didnt want anyone to feel that im holding out on any critical details. But yea you're right.
I dont know what mods you did to your wii but whatever works
:)

hope this helps. Sorry for the delay guys

Last edited:
Top Bottom