• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[PM 3.6] Sound effects questions

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
OK, here's my problem:

1. Melee sound effects packs don't work with PM 3.6. When Fox shines someone, bizarre electric sound effects go off.
2. I can't find good SSB64 sound effects that work with PM 3.6 either.
3. I cannot import my own wavs into Super Sawndz for the life of me. Whenever I follow instructions to compress, it NEVER works. I don't get it.

Any solutions for any of these issues? Thanks in advance.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Might not be the solution, but in case you weren't aware, certain attack effect noises were changed in 3.6 beta onwards. Electricity (as you seem to have noticed) now gives a much lower pitched sound than before (try using ROB's Uair in 3.5 and then 3.6 and the difference should be pretty obvious). Cutting noises were also touched up (sword swings, Zelda's neutral special, etc.), and I'm sure there could be others I'm missing.

TL;DR to answer your #1, it might not be the sound effects for the individual attacks like shine that are incorrect, but the more universal "attack type" noise, if you can find Melee/PM 3.5 sound files to replace those with.

Don't know enough to help with 2 or 3 :/

Last edited:

UniversalWolf21

Smash Cadet
NNID
UniversalWolf21
3DS FC
5155-3001-9896
I had the exact same problem as you, man. I was trying to use the Smash 64 SFX pack that I've been using in Project M for years, and as soon as 3.6 hit, every sound effect worked except the electric ones. They lasted like 2~3 seconds long per electric hit, and it made Pikachu and Ganon unplayable because of how stupid loud they were.

However, I was able to go into SuperSwands and use the brasr I was given by one of the higher ups, and I took a really quiet sound effect from Smash 64, made it even quieter, and then inserted it into all 5 (or was it 6?) sfx slots for the electric sounds. It is so quiet in game now that with the other hit effects along with voice clips and music, it is virtually impossible to hear them.

If you want the one that I edited, just let me know. Would be happy to lend it. :)

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I had the exact same problem as you, man. I was trying to use the Smash 64 SFX pack that I've been using in Project M for years, and as soon as 3.6 hit, every sound effect worked except the electric ones. They lasted like 2~3 seconds long per electric hit, and it made Pikachu and Ganon unplayable because of how stupid loud they were.

However, I was able to go into SuperSwands and use the brasr I was given by one of the higher ups, and I took a really quiet sound effect from Smash 64, made it even quieter, and then inserted it into all 5 (or was it 6?) sfx slots for the electric sounds. It is so quiet in game now that with the other hit effects along with voice clips and music, it is virtually impossible to hear them.

If you want the one that I edited, just let me know. Would be happy to lend it. :)
I'd way dig that if you were willing. My email address is [my SmashBoards username] @ hotmail dot com! Thank you!

Crystalruby

Smash Apprentice
Smashing Some Nubs (With a Pinch of Salt)
NNID
Crystalruby8

I'd like one as well, if that's not too much trouble. Email: fralickaj@yahoo.com

UniversalWolf21

Smash Cadet
NNID
UniversalWolf21
3DS FC
5155-3001-9896
I will actually just put it here. I mean it is just one single .swand file. I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any rules here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vf67gycrxe64xa3/7.sawnd

Like I said before, I basically muted the electricity sounds, though the ones for Mewtwo/Pikachu are still there when need be. And they don't sound like thunder having seizures. I am good when it comes to figuring things out, but I am not exactly good at things like this, so if it doesn't work perfectly, you'll have to forgive me. I just wanted to punch people's faces in with the Smash 64 sfx. XD

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
I will actually just put it here. I mean it is just one single .swand file. I'm pretty sure I'm not breaking any rules here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vf67gycrxe64xa3/7.sawnd

Like I said before, I basically muted the electricity sounds, though the ones for Mewtwo/Pikachu are still there when need be. And they don't sound like thunder having seizures. I am good when it comes to figuring things out, but I am not exactly good at things like this, so if it doesn't work perfectly, you'll have to forgive me. I just wanted to punch people's faces in with the Smash 64 sfx. XD
Thank you so much!

Top Bottom