• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plz tolerate my noobiness...

LordHellRaiser

Smash Rookie
I would like to ask some questions.

I have been reading on this site for a few weeks but i would like to know...in full detail what a pillar is.

Everyone seems to be unclear on this.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Pillaring is a pretty technical move that involved really only two things. The first of which is repeated Shuffled Dairs. Once you can get this down, add in a shine every time you l-cancel the Dair, followed by jc'ing out of the shine to repeat the Dair, and so on. In essence it's a low to the ground method of pressuring an opponents shield without leaving much room for shield grabbing and such.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
no reason to. if anyone says anything else then theyre wrong.

only falco can pillar, fox cannot.

-but its true that many people have it confused. many pros that i play believe to this day that pillaring is just a shine combo when its actually a shine combo against a shield as knee described.

LordHellRaiser

Smash Rookie
Yeah guys thanks alot... I apriciate your patience, i know you get threads like these 24 seven.

So... after suckin up i would like to ask another question (or two)

I don't understand d-air, n-air and the tilts... my impression of them right now is that d-air is holding down a when in the air (spike?). I have no idea what tilts are.

i am a person that needs the literal translation for this...i best understand things through raw descriptions of what buttons you actually press.

(once again) thanks for putting up with this.

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
oh, tilts are just a fancy way of saying leaning your stick to what ever direction, then press a. e.g. when you hold down, and press a, falco does a sweep with his feet, that's a down tilt

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
dair means down aerial
fair means front aerial
nair means neutral aerial
bair means back aerial
uair means up aerial

fsmash means front smash

ftilt means front A without smashing

Top Bottom