• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plz rate my Kirby match

G-Bis

Smash Cadet
Kirby hasnt ever been in my thoughts weak cuz when in the right hands the little pink ball is deadly. Tthis is me and bro playing a match and dont think this is my last video cuz its just the begining and if u guys are nice enough to give as much advice and feedback on the match. There alot of kirby players out there and i want to know wat they think of my kirby to tell me wat my strength and weakness or just tell me wat i need to work on.:)

G-Bis Vs. LiL Alex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzgB1VhP1cY

Beo

Smash Apprentice
Well, you're definatly better then your Brother, but sadly that's not saying much.

Less use on the Final cutter, and more F/B Airs.

WAY more throws.

F/B Air are GREAT approaches. D Air is also nice.

G-Bis

Smash Cadet
ok thx for the advice ya i do use f/b airs just in this match i didnt really wan to use them that much. and about he final cutter i think i only use it like once and it hit my lil bro was the one who used it alot not me.

Throws i use them more on heavy characters i didnt need them too much againist my bro but u really want to see how i play for reals.

and dont worry i'm going to put more videos of me playing with kirby so u whoever can give me advice i can use for the future matches.

thx beo for the tip and message me on when we can play

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Hmm, well i think you need to grab more, grabbing leads to good combos. Look up the gonzo combo and watch his video to learn some of them. Also, you shouldn't rack up damage with F-smash, it should be saved for KOs. One great killing method is to d-air to a f-smash, it's how i get my majority of kills.

Anyways, im sure much better players can give you some better advice, but thats all i got at the moment.

cAm

DarKirby92

Smash Cadet
U should try to rack up some easy damage with just about every tilt Kirby has, they come out quick and are great for interruption and spacing (especially Up-tilt). Just doing the Vulcan jab is also a simple way to get ur opponent's % up there, along with the numerous throw combos Kirby has in his arsenal. Kirby's b-air is like the best move in the game, almost no lag and has KO potential later, nice approacing tactic.
My 2 cents.

G-Bis

Smash Cadet
ya i kept on hearing to use the grab more i didnt know for wat but cAm8ooo says for good combos and i did see that vid u told me to see it was great for some new ideas when i play my kirby. thx for the advice

the fsmash is a great kill move i will try to save it for kill instead now but some times u just cant help to use when the other ur fighting leaves them selfs open for it. the tilts i do like using them in the vid i do use them but not all the time but with time i wan to be better.

i know that i'm not the best kirby around and that why i want to hear wat ppl think and try to take from them wat i can use to make me better. its just the begining so with time will see wat happens but if anyone else has got some advice for me fell free to give it.

and thx to all the ppl who took some time to took a look at my and vid to give me some advice

Dflected

Smash Cadet
nice vid i liked how you used your d-smash use aerial hammer while recovering like others have said, try to combo lol shorter taunts!

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Ok I wasn't going to say anything since these guys have given you a lot of advice already but... since nobody else said anything about this...

YOUR MUSIC MADE ME REMEMBER XENOGEARS!!!! I loved that game lol... now I want to go play it again o.o

But yeah try to get a video of a better opponent... no offense lol... but yea he killed himself like 3 times = /
It makes it easier to give advice when you play someone that gives you a lot of challenge as you will be more likely to demonstrate all that you have.

Haha but yeah I liked the Xenogears song being thrown in there :)

Krii

Smash Journeyman
All i could see is grab more, dodge more, dont be so straight forward on your recovery. You got hit by things that a simple dodge would negate.

also, when you were edge guarding with dair off of the left, you could have continued if you paid attention to the opp.'s recovery length. just running off the stage and fast falling an ariel would have continued the fight to an off stage fight you would have been in control of.

tho your rather solid at kirby. even the most subtle of advantages could govern the outcome of the match.

also your dair pressuring messed up when you full hopped. being conscious of your physical game is just as important as the game itself.
on wii rite now... x.x

Deg222

Smash Journeyman
Florida; I consider myself a decent brawl player.
You need to run more, be faster with Kirby. You can walk if you want to play mind games, but your main instinct should be to run most of the time.

You should learn how to air juggle better, foward throw is a great to start this, up tilts can start juggling combos as well.

Seems you have to still learn the basics with Kirby.

TuigiX

Smash Rookie
against characters that can float like you. (MK, D3, PIT etc...) dont try to spike with your Dair instead go for a F or Bair.

chingy

Smash Apprentice
u suck is all i have too say i suggest another character or another game lol jk well just do lots of aerials juggle em around the air alot no homo

Top Bottom