• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

plz help me play kirby

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i saved a replay of pretty good kirby match. any tips? constructive critisism? something that'll help me out plz. i've only had the game for a month now so i don't think i'm that good, but i don't even know for sure so i'd appreciate some help on playing kirby.

thanks in advance ppl

edit: whoops forgot the link lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Nlzcdv0AU

TuigiX

Smash Rookie
you seem to have the basics down, keep practicing your short hops and try to use your hammer a bit more.
instead of forward tilting try to down tilt, it may cause them to trip and lead into your Fsmash.
try sending a vid of playing against someone not a CPU it might help us a bit more critique your game.

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
For one, you didn't use Swallow once. It leads into other attacks, but more importantly, DK's ability is a good one. You also used zero grabs, Kirby's easiest ways to start a combo. No air hammer either (it kills pretty early), but the guy above me already said that.

You're off to a good start, but you have a long way to go. But that's what the Kirby board is for, helping all of us get better at fighting as him.

SkaManifesto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
loonuhsee
Things you must do:

Use B-up more for combos and moving cover, like puting space between you and your opponent(dont spam it)

USE THE KIRBYCOMBOS :D
-When medium-heavy oppoenet is at zero grab, forward throw, uair, grab, forward throw, uair then do whatever works best depending on their DI.

When you are knocked off the edge the best thing to do is use your hammer to recover ( if you are knocked high than stage level). When you do this, its a total mingame for opponents, do they run at you and risk being knocked to kingdom come, possibly KO, or do they wait for you to come to them? If they wait for you then that gives you a chance to think of your next move, and just plan ahead overall. If they come at you, Let them have it and use DI + B forward to put space between you and them. When you do this you still want to move somewhat ahead, but with this you have your hammer as deturent for any Aerials they might try to pull.

Swallociding is optional , but it can be dangerous.

Ill come back if i think of anything else.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
OK, I looked at most of your video...play people, not punching bags. It makes it easier to read all aspects of your play. Playing a CPU can develop bad habits.

More on combos...

(Provided by Rhyfelwyr)
Inescapable
D-tilt trip > F-smash (0-160%)
backwards U-air > U-tilt (0-33%)
U-tilt > U-tilt
strong N-air > Jab x2
D-air > F-tilt

Escapable with DI
B-air > F-tilt

I doubt DK has a fast aerial, so I can also suggest f-throw-->u-air.

I want to dispute a Swallow against DK, because I prefer a Kirbycide (DK=easier target), and I am not impressed with his power.

Although Stone is better in this game, it is supposed to punish opponents. You seem to be using it as an outright attack, and that makes you a candidate for punishment.

You do seem to use aerial hammer and d-air efficiently, though.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
i'll try to keep some of that stuff in mind next time, but i was just screwin around and though the vid looked cool cause i did some different stuff than usual lol. as far as playing ppl that's not much of an option right now so ya... oh well

chingy

Smash Apprentice
kirby is not 4 u!!! lol btw ppl cant help u play kirby only give u advice.... ppl can give u lots of advice but doesnt mean ull get better.... u can still suck after los of advice what counts is practice

Top Bottom