• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plz delete thread

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
My brother and I discovered a new tech that we agreed to name "breakspin" that zelda benefits most from. It allows zelda to land both hits of her down smash to pressure shields. I am currently researching how to make both hits of her downs smash without it having to be on shield.

Here is a link to it,http://youtu.be/oWLkQ-sj9sc.
Please excuse the poor quality as I have no proper tools to record and no editing tools whatsoever. Tell me what you think about it.
(Edit: so I have been told this isn't new)

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, this isn't exactly a new tech, many hitboxes on moves like Zelda's Dsmash can hit on both sides causing a double shield hit. It was a thing in Brawl as well. Though this way of pulling it off is neat though! The jump in might work as a fake out aerial and then you can get nearly half a shield. It also pushes them away a decent amount, raising the chance you could not be punished.

I don't believe the followup side smash (like in the video) is anywhere near guaranteed though, since there's an ample amount of lag after Dsmash, and plenty of startup on Fsmash. :\

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
I never said the follow up was guaranteed, it still has great shield pressure, and if your opponent try's to dodge it it can open up to a read. It can also be done using a perfect pivot when you are close to an opponent. Also the spacing isn't too hard.
You mentioned this isn't exactly new, but I couldn't find this any where on smashboards or youtube, so sorry if it is irrelevant.

Ok is this thread irrelevant or useful, if people already knew about this why don't they use it to their advantage. After all there people complaining about how pressuring shields isn't so great on smash 4.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zylach

Smash Ace
NNID
Orienlithel
3DS FC
1934-1731-9287
This is a fun little trick especially for use near the ledge where you know that the opponent won't be knocked far enough away by the first hit of dsmash such that the second hit lands. However, it's nowhere near safe on shield despite the damage and pushback. Most characters can punish a dsmash fairly easily.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
It's funny how this was posted right after we got done talking about shield breaking in the social, LOL.

Thanks for the contribution! It makes Dsmash look a little bit better.

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
This thread is cringe worthy and was posted when I was a noob. Plz delete.

Last edited:
Top Bottom