• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pls Tell Me Some Villager Tips.

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
I think this would be better put in the social thread. I summon the great deity @Indigo Jeans to purge the infid- I mean lock the thread!

summerhays

Smash Cadet
plenty of guides on here to improve, look around if you need improvement with something

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Well since this is going to get locked, welcome to the board, and i really like your pixel art avatar!

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
heres some villager tips you can play with. try to constantly keep a Lloyd rocket shooting at your opponent, chase it, and when it gets up to them, theyll have to shield (in which case grab them with your huge net), they take the hit (yay us?), they jump over it (neutral air, forward air, up air, down air, fireworks them when they do), or they'll dodge it (depending on dodge you have lots of follow ups).
that's a simple but effective tip that has tons and tons of options. also in practicing executing this, you'll gain a ton of knowledge and a solid feel for timing, and range of villagers attacks, and develop your own villager game!

Last edited:

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
best tip is to not play Villager

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Use the Lloyd rocket to force your opponent to do things like shield (run up while the lloyd is rocketing off for a grab)
If your opponent reflects the rocket, jump and fast fall with nair.
If they jump fair, bair, rising dair or up air.
If they spotdodge it grab them, dash attack or an f smash (if you get the dank read)
Oos nair is great and nair has a lingering hitbox so you can use it is neutral.
Short hop fair or bair is good for doing chip damage from far away and is good to keep them away or stuff their moves/weak projectiles.
If you short hop bair and do it immediately when you jump and then not fast fall you can do a nair into the ground right after you finish bair to help you have a safer landing.

Nair is great for edgeguarding and so is dair.

I could go on more but I think this is enough for now.

Good luck playing Villager ^_^

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
My tip is that anything in the air is super fun.

If you're on a floating stage, I like using Villager's balloons to float under it and to the other side. On For Glory, it always dumbfounds whoever I'm battling.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
This thread is hilarious!

I think this would be better put in the social thread. I summon the great deity @Indigo Jeans to purge the infid- I mean lock the thread!
Your call for a greater power didn't work! What shall we do now! We're doom! DOOM I tell you! ;)

Luckily, I have some dancing gifs:

Last edited:

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
This thread is hilarious!

Your call for a greater power didn't work! What shall we do now! We're doom! DOOM I tell you! ;)

Luckily, I have some dancing gifs:
lmao us Villager mains

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
lol @ this thread

I should visit the Villager boards more often.

TUMM11

Smash Cadet
Don't use shield unless you can perfect shield.
Instead use nutral b, it has about 200 invincible frames.

Wonderf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wonderf
3DS FC
5172-2136-8763
Don't use shield unless you can perfect shield.
Instead use nutral b, it has about 200 invincible frames.
But it leaves you wide open after you use it. :p
Not if you can get far enough away from them (i.e. b-reverse)
Instead of shielding, I think Villager should just jump and b-reverse pocket. If you do that, you get invincibility, distance from your opponent and you achieve movement crispier than fried chicken.

TUMM11

Smash Cadet
Instead of shielding, I think Villager should just jump and b-reverse pocket. If you do that, you get invincibility, distance from your opponent and you achieve movement crispier than fried chicken.
That I exactly what I meant.
I used this strategy and placed 2nd in a tournament vs my previous 5th.

Top Bottom