• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help with online :<

Eagle

Smash Lord
I don't know about you guys but I keep getting this "Error Code: 52242" every time I try to connect to the internet through my wifi-usb. I've tried everything! It should be working because it was just a couple of months ago, my computer was in one room and my wii in another and that worked, now my wii and computer are next to each other and nothing!

I've looked all over the internet. I've taken the online test and it claims that my usb should work fine, I've enabled all those TCP UPD packet things that needed to be, I tried turning my firewall off, my internet is working (I'm using it right now..) but I keep getting a bloody error!

I'm dying to play online again.

Sylvan

Smash Apprentice
It is likely that the router in your network has a default IP address of either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. This will need to be changed to 192.168.2.1. For details on changing this setting of your router, please consult your router's manual, or contact the manufacturer of the router.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Of course I saw that. I checked.

And even is Brawls online does suck, I still want to be able to go online on my Wii.

Kangatang

Smash Rookie
is this the nintendo wifi USB thing?
I get stacks of trouble with my usb wifi as well. The main problem I found was that during the driver installation a new network is created (called local area network 2 or something), when this is done it sets the appropriate DNS ports and such. I found that when I did certain things (such as unplug the usb) this would erase the DNS settings, meaning I get constant errors connecting.

Long story short, every time I unplug the USB I have to reinstall the drivers.

I found out how to fix it in this link.

hope I helped

Eagle

Smash Lord
Thank you for that site, I've now set up the connection with my Dads Vista computer. Although, I hope the connection isn't affected to much because of my Dads comp. Anyway, I guess its my computer thats the problem. :(

Thank you for helping me. :) Vs me online!

EDIT: Bah. Nevermind. Something is wrong! The internet takes awhile to connect, and when it does it disconnects after a few moments. -_-'

I can't connect to wifi on Brawl because it keeps saying something about disconnected, please try again later. Just keeps happening.

:(

Top Bottom