• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please HELP with online play

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Well guys im finally bringing my controller home from work, and setting it up on a buddy of mines computer. I finally got everything working right, and I have the controller plugin set to Jabo's, its the same one i used before with same controller and usb port. Now i can not run though. I can do everything else, I just cant run. I have changed the dead zone from 0%-100% and everywhere in btwn, and still no run. Someone told me to calibrate it, but I could not find that option anywhere. I feel like a moron asking this, because I have played online on a dif computer for a while now, but can someone help me figure out how to run? Thanks a lot. And just in case you need to know im using a n64/ps2 adapter with a n64 controller plugged in. Everything worked before, not now. Thanks again.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
All i see under the start thing is file, system, options, language, help.
I cant fast fall either, and my up for jumping doesnt work (not that i use it, just another thing that doesnt work)
Also, when i changed the setup, and made the d-pad control my movement (just tryin to trouble shoot) i was able to run and what not, but I cant get the joy stick to work. It was working earlier today on dif computer, so its not lik controller broke since then

CroneR

Smash Rookie
I don't know what program you are using (-How do you play online btw?)

But I just got ssb64 on my comp the other day with Project 64 and I'm using a 360 controler which i just configured using the option in the menu bar and everything seems to work fine.

Maybe just try another controler?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Go to your control panel. USB devices and gamepads are under hardware. Calibrate your controller and that should fix your problem.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys, i appreciate all of your help. I was out of town a couple days, now im back. Now that im back, i have a new problem, and thats when i plug the usb port in, the emulator no longer picks up on it. I use to have to plug it in a couple times on the other computer i played on, but with this new computer, either the emulator or the comp. itself has stopped picking it up when i plug it in. The light comes on (on the adapter) and the computer makes a beeping noise (meaning that it has picked up a plug-in for the usb port) but the game itself does not pick up any movements now. I am pretty close to just forgetting about it, but if you have any advice, then i would appreciate it. Thanks guys.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Haha, guys, I have an important announcement, im an idiot. I just realized that you calibrate under the start panel of your COMPUTER, not of the emulator...Ooops. Well, my problem is fixed, thanks a lot for the help (mainly umbrasquall and BHLMRO)

Top Bottom