• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLease help my samus

StuperDuperMan

Smash Journeyman
1st samus i noticed: good DI, too much CC camping and hoping for dmash, random smashes get you owned in lag, get hit too much a lot of hits couldve been easily avoided. against zelda dont jump into her with an attack first, let her attack when you are shielding/spacing away and then come in with an attack after she is open from her missed attack, or come from above when you know your hit will connect. dont jump at her though, and then get owned when you miss. just like fighting jiggly basically. you did that pretty well at like 3:25 where you didnt just rush her, do more of that. safe hits, dont attack in a way that gives her options, her options are already very limited so just avoid those few things by attacking at smarter times; ex: dash attacks = shield grabs, attacks on shield = get faired outta shield, jumping nair = she jumps back and fairs you.

2nd match, at the beginning of match you ran into so many attacks from her lol. same as the match before. as the previous post says, a lot of times you couldve uaired instead you nair, just uair ESPECIALLY when she already used both jumps and that limits her ability to recover a lot so you can land a lot of free hits and possibly edgeguard for a stock.

oh yeah, learn to up B outta shield so she cant just sit on your shield and keep hitting you like that.

overall, your samus is not that bad at all. you got the right idea a lot of the times, your spacing is pretty much your weakness. but your DI is good so you survive a lot of stuff. just learn to not get hit, dont focus on hitting and attacking so much, focus on avoiding getting hit and moving in and out of your shield to be safer since samus roll is pretty bad. tilts are good for attacking in a 100 percent safe way. as the video is still playing, i notice a lot of your deaths are due to you hitting her shield and getting hit with the 1 of the what, 3 moves she has in her arsenal lol? its the matchup i think that is the main thing that youre doing wrong, but itll help your overall game anyways. at 4:15ish in the 2nd match you did a pretty smart thing, it was patient and you should play more like that even though you didnt get the hit off it was smart.

falcosmassacre01

Smash Journeyman
1st samus i noticed: good DI, too much CC camping and hoping for dmash, random smashes get you owned in lag, get hit too much a lot of hits couldve been easily avoided. against zelda dont jump into her with an attack first, let her attack when you are shielding/spacing away and then come in with an attack after she is open from her missed attack, or come from above when you know your hit will connect. dont jump at her though, and then get owned when you miss. just like fighting jiggly basically. you did that pretty well at like 3:25 where you didnt just rush her, do more of that. safe hits, dont attack in a way that gives her options, her options are already very limited so just avoid those few things by attacking at smarter times; ex: dash attacks = shield grabs, attacks on shield = get faired outta shield, jumping nair = she jumps back and fairs you.

2nd match, at the beginning of match you ran into so many attacks from her lol. same as the match before. as the previous post says, a lot of times you couldve uaired instead you nair, just uair ESPECIALLY when she already used both jumps and that limits her ability to recover a lot so you can land a lot of free hits and possibly edgeguard for a stock.

oh yeah, learn to up B outta shield so she cant just sit on your shield and keep hitting you like that.

overall, your samus is not that bad at all. you got the right idea a lot of the times, your spacing is pretty much your weakness. but your DI is good so you survive a lot of stuff. just learn to not get hit, dont focus on hitting and attacking so much, focus on avoiding getting hit and moving in and out of your shield to be safer since samus roll is pretty bad. tilts are good for attacking in a 100 percent safe way. as the video is still playing, i notice a lot of your deaths are due to you hitting her shield and getting hit with the 1 of the what, 3 moves she has in her arsenal lol? its the matchup i think that is the main thing that youre doing wrong, but itll help your overall game anyways. at 4:15ish in the 2nd match you did a pretty smart thing, it was patient and you should play more like that even though you didnt get the hit off it was smart.

thanks alot man++ rep

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, which has further range, zelda fair or samus ftilt? Properly angled, of course, like completely horizontal.

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
First minute into the clip I noticed that you are making yourself way too open to attacks, you need to think about what move you are going to make before you make it instantly in your head so that you don't go do something stupid. Also I noticed you are using down-c a lot.

pacman

Smash Rookie
haha my favorite thing to do is to grab them...its just funny to hear them in shock..."samus grabbed me"

Top Bottom