• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLEASE help me

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I've asked for help about 3 times already with my internet and I haven't gotten any help. Last year my internet started going nuts and has had the annoyance of showing Limited Access on the little window on the bottom right of the screen. I had Windows Vista and it showed back then but when I installed Windows 7, it still wouldn't stop having the Limited Access thing. I'm not exactly sure what model my router is but it's ATT and on the side it says 2Wire so I'm supposing the model is called 2Wire

Please help me I plead of you. Everytime I try to do something on the internet that can't be afforded to be disconnected, I can't because it ends up doing the Limited Access thing.

I've tried Googling it and everything but either I might've done the solution wrong, I don't understand all the jargon they use, or it simply doesn't resolve my problem

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
This could be... any number of problems. I guess I'd start with your ISP.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
We had the same problem with AT&T, same router too.
It'd just go down whenever it wanted.

We've since switched and we're not having any problems at all. I'd say it's the ISP man.

vadgama

Smash Journeyman
Yes, of course you can call AT&T =P. They should either walk you through how to fix it or just flat out tell you your problem. That's if you get someone on the other line that you can understand ^^. gl

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Mrngh I hate having to try to talk to people who use jargon like as if I should be able to understand it all >_>

Ugh alright I guess I'll make a call to ATT then

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Heh, jargon is the easy stuff for me. It's easier to tell if they're bull****ting you or not. Just write down what they say and let us know here if you have any trouble understanding.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well... they're already bull****ting me...

I called and they kept patching me to like 5 different people before they just hung up on me

God I hate having to call customer service. About the 5 times I've done it, only once has someone ever given me a solution to my problem -_-

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wtf is the modem?

I'm sorry I have absolutely no idea what computer people talk about. I didn't even know if my router was UVerse or DSL until the guy on the phone told me that if I have a lit DSL light on my router, then it was DSL >_<

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
The 'router' you're describing is called a Gateway; this Gateway is what allows you to connect to the internet. If I'm not too far off my mark, it probably looks a lot like the image I've attached. Are you connecting wirelessly or through a wired connection? Whenever your connection at your computer drops do you see any lights on the Gateway blinking red?

Top Bottom