• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please help, (Classic Exp. Pack + P:M Pixel Pack)

MyCooky

Smash Rookie
Hello!
First I wanted to say that I'm new to this forum, as well as to P:M.

My problem is that I wanted to combine the Classic Exp. Pack
(http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=20291.0)
with the P:M Pixel Pack that I found on Brawl Vault.
(http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31486;
http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m-pixel-css-for-project-m-2-5-version-1-0.331859/)

But If i try to copy the files of the pixel pack into my SD card, the Classic Exp. Pack Stage Select screen gets problems.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix it/
If there is an easy method to do it?

Ps: I'm a complete noob in regard to Brawl modding...

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
This would require BrawlBox. Brawlbox allows all kinds of editing to be done and is super awesome. If you want to really superrrr edit your stuff, Brawlbox is a good tool to have. But whatever, here are things and stuff:

You'd need to edit the common5.pac file (open with BrawlBox) and replace either the Classic Expansion CSS (Character Select Screen) with the Pixel CSS, or replace the Pixel SSS (Stage Select Screen) with the Classic Expansion SSS. Here is a link to the latest version of BrawlBox:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31974

With this I'd open the common5.pac that comes with the CEP (Classic Expansion Pack) and the one that comes with the Pixel CSS separately. Both should be located in "private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\" in their respective download locations. (For the Pixel CSS you'll choose either the Named or Nameless folder, depending on which version you want to use, and go from there).

The simplest way to do this would be to replace the Classic Expansions CSS with the one in the Pixel CSS common5.pac.

To do this, first you need to export the actual Pixel CSS from it's common5.pac. Once you have it open you want to right-click "sc_selcharacter_en" (NOT "sc_selcharacter2_en") and click "Export" (NOT "Export All"... Export will be toward the bottom of the menu). You want to save it to a location that you'll remember. And that's all you'll need out of the Pixel CSS's common5.pac.

Now open the common5.pac that came with the Classic Expansion download. All you'll have to do here is right-click the "sc_selcharacter_en" in this file and click "Replace" (again that's "Replace" not "Replace All"). You want to go to the location you saved the sc_selcharacter_en that you exported from the Pixel CSS and open that file. Once that's done, save it and close. It should pop up with some "Compression" progress bar briefly after you click "Save" if you did this correclty.

Now copy the Pixel CSS to your SD Card first, then copy the Classic Expansion with the newly edited common5.pac onto your SD Card and that should be it! It will ask if you want to overwrite your common5.pac and you will want to say "Yes" of course.

PS: Hopefully this is a noobproof enough guide for you. If not let me know if you have any problems and I'll try to help you sort them out. Heheh

MyCooky

Smash Rookie
Thanks!
It works, your guide was perfect and the small modding easy to do.
I've got no more problems at all.

210stuna

Smash Lord
What do I need to get Brawl Box?

@Zero

EDIT: Another question related to the Pixel Pack. I downloaded and put in the Pixel After Battle Screen, and now it looks silly without the Pixel SSS. Where could I go to find it, since I have forgotten. Do you know?

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
What do I need to get Brawl Box?

@Zero

EDIT: Another question related to the Pixel Pack. I downloaded and put in the Pixel After Battle Screen, and now it looks silly without the Pixel SSS. Where could I go to find it, since I have forgotten. Do you know?
I don't think there actually is a Pixel SSS yet.

210stuna

Smash Lord
My Link in my first post should work ?
I understand that helps me to get Brawl Box
Thank you, but I still have the after battle pixel screen which looks a bit silly without the counter part.

To simplify my question....Where would the after battle screen be located in the P:M's download?

MyCooky

Smash Rookie
So you want to get rid of the pixel pack?
I though you wanted to add the Pixel CSS ... ?

Top Bottom