• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playover or Game Over! Birmingham, AL - Apr. 17

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Oh btw....this is a Brawl+ Tourney

Sup Homies we're back yet again to bring the smash community back to b'ham. We're here to give
players a safe environment to have smash tournies,and have a good time. So hope to see you guys soon.

Also with a enough interest we can throw a melee side tourney. Who wants Melee?

Where?

Play over Games and Movies

1824 Avenue East Ensley, Birmingham, AL 35218
One block up from the Police Station
(205) 276-4301 ask for Isaac

*If you're mapquesting/google maps use this for your ending address.
1824 Avenue E
Birmingham, AL 35218-1536

When?

Saturday, April 17

Registration starts at 11am.

Pot

1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

$10 for venue

Singles: $10
Doubles $20 per team

Plz Pre-reg
Name:
Any equipment if you can bring anything(we need Wii's):

BYOC as always.but grab a spare for the unfortunate few who forget this. xD

Neutral:
Pokemon Stadium 2 (Frozen)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Wario Ware (Frozen)

Couterpicks:
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
4 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Double Elimination
Final Round 3/5

You may double blind for the first match of any set. Tell a nearby player or tournament staff that you would like to double blind, and both players tell them which character they are using. Both players must pick that character for the first match.

For the first match in any set, the players may agree on a stage to be used
out of the starter stage list.

Each player may knock out 1 stage to be banned for that set only. If you happen to random it, restart the match on a different random stage.

When you lose your first match, you must tell the winning player which stage you choose, or elect to go random. The winning player gets to change characters if they want, and then the losing player may change their character.

No pausing will be allowed unless it is to report a technical difficulty or possible cheating. Please take care of all personal matters and turn off your phone before the match starts.

Please configure your settings before you begin your set, and make sure that you are on the correct name before you start. Each wii will have names created with 1-4 which all have tap-jump off(noup1-4). Again, please check before the match starts.

* Players using a wireless controller that synchs to a game station (such as Wii Remote, Nunchuk, and/or Classic Controller) are required to remove their batteries when not playing matches in order to prevent interference. Players interfering with other players games due to wireless connection, whether intentional or unintentional, will be penalized by a Judge/Referee/Director as seen fit.

* In case of technical problems (e.g. power outage, game interference, etc.) a Referee will make all decisions regarding the game. To quickly recalibrate your controller, hold both jump buttons and the start button for approximately 3 seconds (X+Y & Start on the GCN controller).

* "Stock Sharing" in Doubles is allowed (press both A + B buttons/1 & 2 on Wiimote) when one player has exhausted stock to share a stock from a teammate.

* When a match is called, all players from each Team are expected to arrive and play on a timely basis. Should a Team not report for their match within a 5 minute grace period that Team will be called to their station with a 2 minute time limit. At the end of the 2 minute limit, should the Team still not arrive, that Team forfeits the Round (announced by a Judge/Referee). Another 2 minute warning is announced and the process is repeated until the Team has forfeited enough Rounds to lose the entire Set or has arrived in time to complete their Set.

We will be using the current B+ codeset(7.0 GOLD), if need be i will have extra SD cards with the codes on them
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260777

im sure i might be missing something, please feel free to add questions/commentary...

now, COME GET THIS MONEY/caps

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just glancing at OP, you don't need homebrew on your Wii to run B+. You can run it solely off of the SD card.

Also, I'd like to come, but there is a local Melee tournament here in Memphis that everyone up here is going to.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Prom weekend

and it's looking like it'll be a repeat of last time

Me losing to a Lucario in the finals to pretty much only get enough money to pay for my entry.
lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol

Good luck with that Zero

plus I decided I'm not going to Prom anymore the theme is lame and my friends are no longer going.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
lol, btw, if you got an controller that can goto a computer, bring it for Soku~(this is considering Zero remembers to bring me the monitor he was gonna give me)

also, possible reduction in veneue fee, no promises but theres a good chance

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I'd love to come to this tournament, but it doesn't seem like many people are going to show up. It needs to be hyped up.

Entry fee is a little high, too.

What skill ranges are going to be in the tournament?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
The range is 99.

Because I am 100 and everyone else is a 1.

Kola is a very good Marth, I'm a very good Lucario player and Cheap Peach is... a very good Peach player in Brawl+ and Melee, lol. Janitor is... uhh... I dunno, I just dunno.

Mc-killa/Matt4300 are awesome Brawl+ players.

I thought Door fees were being considered to be released, but idk.

... How far would you have to drive to make this, Quilt? (Nice to meet you, btw. What games do you play?)

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Well, I saw the Alabama power rankings so assumably these guys are the best publicly competitive players in the state, meaning they're probably several skill tiers above me.

The location is about 35 minutes away and 10 minutes from UAB. I might bring a friend or two to spectate, if I ever go. I didn't realize there was a competitive scene for melee until I found smashboards two years ago. Too late by then, so I mostly play Brawl+.

Never online. It's impossible for me to shield with pings 400 ms+.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
well, this probably won't be that big of a tourny... More like a small smashfest w/ money on the line. The venue fee (which you have to pay even if you want to watch, correct me if I'm wrong on this, McKilla) is 10$.
There are a few people playing at Zero_Gamer's house today and tomorrow though. He lives in vestavia. PM him or me if you are interested. However, B'ham is interested in getting more people to play brawl+ and melee.

Top Bottom