• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

playing with downb

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
ok, so i was TRYING to contribute at least a LITTLE bit... and so i was playing around in training mode with zamus's down b. i know it's nothing special, but there may be one interesting thing near the end.

#1. first thing i noted was a fun trick where you drop from an FD ledge and downb, which wallkicks you perfectly back to the ledge, which is pretty fun... AND, if the ledge is taken (which probably would only happen if you were edgeguarding or if you're doing a free-for-all or team battle), you can perform the kick on your opponent, for the spike. also, it allows you to keep your second jump.

anyway, that's probably wildly known anyway, so i decided to see exactly what stages it works on. well? it works on final destination, the left side of the first part of castle siege, the VERY far right ledge of hyrule temple, the bow of the rainbow cruise ship, and pokemon stadium 1 (if you drop low enough. otherwise you bounce outwards).

#2. this is pretty minor, but an even faster way of dropping/grabbing a ledge is to hold back for half a second, then downb. you fly straight into the ledge. it's very fast, reliable, leaves you with your second jump, and has lots of invincibility frames. again, i don't know if this is very useful at all, it just feels good.

#3. probably the only cool thing i found is that if you flipkick the very very edge of a ledge, you will hit the ledge, slide off, and be free to do any attack of the ledge without flipkick lag(works on drop-through platforms). if you use it on the edge of a stage, you will instead grab the ledge, but again without that horrible flipkick lag.

that's all! well, i know i didn't really accomplish much or maybe even anything at all (by the way, #1 was not meant to point out the ability, but to find exactly where it works)... so i'm sorry if this was a waste of a thread.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
All of this is pretty intuitive stuff, but I suppose it's worth mentioning so other people can find out about it.

The first part is some informative stuff, though. Thanks for researching that.

Adapt

Smash Lord
speaking of down-B... how well does back throw off the stage to down-B spike work on a real opponent?
It's really fun to do to comps. And I don't actually have anyone to test it on until sometime next week

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
speaking of down-B... how well does back throw off the stage to down-B spike work on a real opponent?
It's really fun to do to comps. And I don't actually have anyone to test it on until sometime next week
XD i will test this out, gladly!

Adapt

Smash Lord
btw I know it's really easy to avoid... but as a surprise it can kill at absurdly low percentages.

I think f-throw might work about the same as b-throw.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
btw I know it's really easy to avoid... but as a surprise it can kill at absurdly low percentages.

I think f-throw might work about the same as b-throw.
i think in general opponents act very defensively when throw off, but it MAY be able to work once... >_>

yeah. i got it to work ONCE. but i don't think it's really valid unless you've been edgeguarding in a ground-based manner most of the match... i dunno, it's REALLY obvious when you do it, so your opponent has to be expecting an attack from a different direction....

Top Bottom