• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PLaying PM online on the Wii itself

browndunce

Smash Rookie
NNID
leafcruiser3280
I know there is a way to play PM online on the Wii by putting the FC on wiimifi. However, I have heard that there is copious amounts of lag when playing like this. Can someone upload a few matches on YouTube of someone playing PM with another person using WFC for me to look at to see how much lag there is? Thanks!

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
You would have to play online yourself, because it's kind of hard to tell the amount of lag by just watching it. You have to experience it.

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
Yeah, you can't judge how much lag there is by looking at a video that is played in real time without the frame delay or lag spikes. Also, people are able to adapt and adjust to the lag, making a replay of the match in real time look better than it actually is. The quality of wi-fi depends on the connection both you and your opponent have. You have to experience it personally. Nevertheless, I can give you video examples of what you want from my YT channel if that helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AROKUlBi-eI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR2nXMyTfVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95OeOKw-AWU

This is P:M 3.02, wiimmfi.

Last edited:

browndunce

Smash Rookie
NNID
leafcruiser3280
I saw your videos, and it isn't as bad as the Smash 4 For Glory level lag. It looks good. However, I decided just to use netplay, it's probably a better option. Thanks for your help though!

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Edit: I take it back.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

what are you talking about?

option implies you have a choice between the two.
If you can't use netplay it's NOT an option.

Ergo....netplay is the better of the 2 options.

Last edited:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Edit: I take it back.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

The existence of Netplay isn't news to us, and we settle for wifi as a last resort. Nobody actually wants to use wifi if they have other choices. Ugh
My reply was to this...

I saw your videos, and it isn't as bad as the Smash 4 For Glory level lag. It looks good. However, I decided just to use netplay, it's probably a better option. Thanks for your help though!
:facepalm:

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
Ah. Yeah I should read OP's more and not just titles, lol. Sorry for being rude and sarcastic. I thought you were just making a random suggestion. I hear a lot of people say "get Netplay" as though it's just that easy for everyone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom