• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing online between a PC and a Wii

LucasSNM

Smash Rookie
I've this friend I usually play Project M online with. Thing is, we don't use Wiis: we play using Dolphin+Netplay. I read somewhere that Wimmfi is currently blocked for Dolphin, but there're ways to unlock it. Because it's hard playing 3.6 beta in dolphin, I decided to start playing Project M with my Wii. But whenever I play online with this friend, I've to use Dolphin+Netplay. Recently, I got Wimmfi working for my Wii...so I wanted to ask, can you play with someone who's using Dolphin+Wimmfi online, using Wii+Wimmfi?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas.

P.S: I'm not a native english speaker, so I may've commited mistakes phrasing things or something.

oddzxc

Smash Cadet
no, its kinda obvious that they won't connect to each other

Y-L

Smash Champion
Actually I'm pretty sure it's possible. However you can't use Netplay. You'd be playing through Wi-Fi. If it is possible (not sure) you'd need to make an injected iso which uses the Wi-Fi safe set with the appropriate files btw.

Sprizzone

Smash Rookie
I've this friend I usually play Project M online with. Thing is, we don't use Wiis: we play using Dolphin+Netplay. I read somewhere that Wimmfi is currently blocked for Dolphin, but there're ways to unlock it. Because it's hard playing 3.6 beta in dolphin, I decided to start playing Project M with my Wii. But whenever I play online with this friend, I've to use Dolphin+Netplay. Recently, I got Wimmfi working for my Wii...so I wanted to ask, can you play with someone who's using Dolphin+Wimmfi online, using Wii+Wimmfi?

Thanks in advance,
Lucas.

P.S: I'm not a native english speaker, so I may've commited mistakes phrasing things or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c_vdvi0FqQ

Top Bottom