• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playing on WiiU?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Has anyone tried Brawl on the WiiU yet? Does it play on HD tvs without lag? Are there any good hacks for using a GCN controller?

:phone:

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
I don't think you could just hack to use a GCN controller, the Wii U lacks GCN ports.

I've not tried it, as I don't play Brawl without hacks and don't want to install the Homebrew Channel on my Wii U.

bluewildweb

Banned via Administration
Do you want to experience the true sailing game? The latest browser game Pirate101 features a kids-safe virtual world, treasure-hunting adventure and sea battle, for more, you can visit mmowood.com.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I hear they got the home brew channel running on WiiU, but only within the Wii emulator. Should be good enough to play mods.

Rood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Rood2790
It would be awesome if they made adapters that would let the GC controllers plug into wii-motes and make the game think they're classic controllers. If they had those than yes I would play on the wii u.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Assuming there's no way to play with GCN controllers on the Wii U, the only people I see being unaffected are those who have always played with the Classic Controller.

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I saw someone using the nunchuk+wiimote at a tournament once. Tipped my hat to em.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I still play it quite frequently. It looks good on the Wii U, it just takes forever to the Wii U to load the Wii menu.

I play with the Wiimote and nunchuck so it's all fine with me. But Gamecube controller users would probably want to steer clear of transferring their Smash data to the Wii U.

Shouxiao

Smash Journeyman
I strongly suggest a classic controller. WiiU lacks Gamecube ports.

Vale

Smash Ace
I play with pure Wiimote, so I don't really have a problem. The lack of Gamecube Controller messes most people up, though, so sticking to the Wii might be a good idea. I don't think there should be major lag differences based off of the type of TV you use.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just have to adapt to using the Wii remote and nun-chuck set up.

U.F.O

Smash Rookie
I wonder if Nintendo plans on making a GC controller adapter into the WiiU... That'd be great. Doubtful, but great.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I'd like to know if anyone has tried playing Brawl online on the Wii U. I'm not exactly sure how to go about doing it. Does my Wii U have a separate friend code just for Wii games? Or do I use my Wii U code, and if so, is it compatible with Wii players?

Thanks!

Edit: I figured it out.

Nito LR

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nito_LR
:ganondorf:
there is a way to play on the wii U with GCN on wii u there this accessory you can buy for a wii mote that converts you GCN contorller into a classic and it works reaaly well its a good solution to those who dont wanna use that new classic contoller :D

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
It's possible to play brawl on the WII U using the GCN controller. You need an adapter for the GCN controller though, which can be found in amazon and other gamingstores.

Top Bottom