• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Player Character Rivalries

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
Do you think there are any rivalries that generally exist between players of certain characters?

I, for example, like playing with Lucas and find I have a certain grudge towards people playing with Ness and feel I have to ensure I beat them.

Susi

Smash Apprentice
I main Ness and I want to beat Marths, DKs and D3s with ZSS. Nothing special tho. Maybe Diddy because he doesnt wear as cool caps as Ness!

Plus I dont wanna lose to MKs who dont know the MU.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Lol, I have a few.

Captain Falcon: me and the captain never saw eye to eye, our rivalry dates back to Super Smash Bros 64, I used to be annoyed by him spamming Falcon Punch and saying show me your moves all cocky like, ever since, I never liked Captain Falcon.

Mario: I respect this one though, but I have to beat Mario, he's the face of Nintendo, and I have to prove I'm just as good if not better than he is.

Yoshi: this rivalry was brought over from Mario Kart, except, Yoshi is trying to beat me, he for some reason always loses, and he's trying to beat me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Me and my brother have had an ongoing rivalry between C. Falcon and Ganondorf for ages now. For us it's No Items, Final Destination, C. Falcon vs Ganondorf only.

Likewise, the Brawl version of that is me as Meta Knight vs him as Dedede, which forced us to switch to Balanced Brawl because of MK of course. Though we don't do this nearly to the same extent as C. Falcon vs Ganondorf.

Mr. OC

Smash Journeyman
Sonic- I just enjoy the thought of pinning him on his back and snapping his knees backwards.
Pit- I just don't like him, he's a fruitcup.
Ganon- He stole my moveset, I want it back.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I find it annoying when I see a copycat w/ Ness or Lucas, which is why I always carry a pocket Marth. I want pocket ICs but I suck at spacing and timing CGs and Lucas is like really hard to CG anyway.

GreenMunchkin

Smash Apprentice
Any character that doesn't just submit to my chaingrabs.
And as Pikachu, I like killing MK to remind him I have the only even matchup. :D

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I love playing against MK, but I can't say there's any rivalry.

But I hate taking damage from Olimar, or any character that likes to spam projectiles.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I hate Zeldas most of the time in Basic Brawl, most of the ones I've seen act rather trollish. I'm not fond of most Marths either. My Kirby serves as a rival to Zelda. My Ivysaur is a rival to Marth, as well as Mario.

And my Jigglypuff loves double kicking levitating Peaches in the face.

Y199Z

Smash Rookie
If someone gets me out, all my rage gets foccused on them no matter who they are and if others get in the way they get taken out too.

MoonlapseOpethian

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of who I'm using, I'll attack any Ganon's I see o Basic Brawl. Ganon is less commonly used, so it's an interesting rarity. I especially like attacking a Ganon while I'm using Ganon, lulling them into a false sense of security via taunt party, and then own them in Ganon dittos as a way to say "Kid, you don't know how to play Ganon like I do" and sadly, that's true.

Top Bottom