• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playable Shadow Clone? Hear me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember those shadow clones in the Subspace Emissary? I had the idea for one to be playable in Smash 4. It's gimmick is every time it is knocked out it comes back as a different character. As long as Smash 4's load times aren't as bad as Brawl's I think it could work.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Could be an unlockable feature which added that option for every character. Not a bad idea at all, since it would be just another color swap and could be a neat allusion to Brawl and SSE.

Though I do prefer the canon dark counterparts... you know, Dark Link, Dark Pit, Dark Samus...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really see it working out the way you want, since the dark characters aren't exactly different from their normal counterparts.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I wouldn't be surprised if we see eventually a Smash original character. The wire-frame characters could be a possibility. It pretty much sounds like the same idea as Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat.

D

Deleted member

So a character like Charade, eh?
Do you realize how much strain that would be to incorporate? It's bad enough Samus and Zelda have to load two characters and Pokémon Trainer has to load three, what you're suggesting is one character loading data for all 35+ fighters.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
So a character like Charade, eh?
Do you realize how much strain that would be to incorporate? It's bad enough Samus and Zelda have to load two characters and Pokémon Trainer has to load three, what you're suggesting is one character loading data for all 35+ fighters.
Yes thats what hes asking :)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I would actually love this as an option for when I play against my less competitive friends. In the end, I think this would end up being my main character... but people are right in it being too much to load in all likelihood. In SoulCalibur, it worked pretty easily since all the characters had the same basic shape so the mimic didn't have to reload different models constantly. Also, transitions happened in between matches, not midmatch like it would in Smash.

Summary: I'd love it. Probably won't happen.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
In Brawl there was the double layer disk to worry about which made dynamic loading harder (Compare Shiek to Zelda Transformation in Melee and Brawl) and Iheard somewhere (but my gut tells me it's just gibberish) that the small size of Gamecube disks meant they could load faster.

Judging by Lego City's load times, I'm not sure it's possible but it would be cool if it does work. Banned in competitive play for sure but then again everything is. (I seriously think some tourneys have banned breathing during matches.)

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I know HD grapchics and cutscene for the story is gonna take up like half if not more than half the disc memory for WiiU version 25gb right? Something i been thinking about...i hope theres alot new modes and events and stuff to do compared to the previous smashes..

I want more content not exzactly chars...

Whats the maximum capacity of 360 games these days?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind a team battle mode like SC2 had.

I.E. your character gets KOed and you respawn as a different one.
I think theres a pretty good chance of something like that though something tells me how Sakurai was going on that theres gonna be alot more Versus game modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom