• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform pressure

Felth

Smash Apprentice
A lot of the times when my opponent is on a platform and I try to pressure him I get punished or also my pressure is not so good ( can be easily shielded or does not lead to something else).

I was wondering what options pikachu has to shield pressure in the different situations.

Pikachu is below the opponent.
Pikachu is in the same platform as the opponent.
Pikachu is above the oponent ( in the air or in other place higher than the oponent platform position)

1) Pikachu below the opponent

The first case can be divided into different Heights. Let's start with the two boundary platforms of Battlefield. I usually go for SH Fair because I feel that is the safest option and can lead into another aerial.

If the opponent is in the higher platform I usually go for down b, and I also jump sometimes to hit with the blue thunder, because this move has a lot of knockback. The problem is that can be easily shielded, but you can shield break in some cases with this technique (Watch here an example).

2) Pikachu is in the same platform as the oponent.

I think that Jab or even dtilt are good options because of the possibilities of the Jab lock platform. Also a grab can be useful. But maybe this depends on the MU because in some cases this position could be most rewarding to the opponent.

3) Pikachu is above the oponent

If pikachu is above the oponent in general I spam Tjolt because is safe. If the opponent is in lag I go for Dair.

Please tell me what do you think about this and tell me other options.

Last edited:

Shram

Smash Cadet
Usually I uair to keep myself below the platform in case of a punish. Two uairs can work from a SH safely and they're good combo starters. I'd maybe even throw in a bair for shield pressure to mix it up.

Top Bottom