• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platform-drop aerials...while staying on the platform?

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I was playing as Falco vs Samus on Onett. We were on the second canopy platform of the "Drug Store" in the middle of the stage. I dropped through the platform and quickly baired Samus, but I remained on the platform after the aerial. I tried it a second time and it happened again. Both aerials were L-Canceled. Since that match, I have been unable to recreate this on any stage. Is there a specific method to do this consistently? Does it only work on certain platforms? I'd like to know more about this, and if any of you have had experience with this maneuver.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I believe it was in a Link video and The Germ does it with Link's n-air. Either that or it was for Doc. Either way, it can and is done at will.

HylianLord

Smash Ace
yea basically platform canceling. i have no clue why it works, but for me it works off and on. it works most frequently with bair for me, especially when i actually hit with it. although i have platform cancelled bair without hitting people i think, not sure why though. i would love to master this... (imagines a falco doing 10x bairs in a row on a platform)

festizzio

Smash Champion
ya i'ts happened to me too, its very fast L-cancel I reckon. Which would explain why it's easier when you hit someone, it delays your fall.
Yeah. I was on Yoshi's story and I noticed when you hit those little flying guys with the aerial that you can land right back on the platform. Mindgames?

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
Someone should fire up their AR and test if it works when you l cancel really fast, or just fall + aerial at the same time before falling through the platform. I'll check it in about a week if no one else does..

Doraki

Smash Lord
last year I looked how it work with AR,
when someone drops from a platform, his body size increases downwards to prevent him from glitches such as landing on the platform you're dropping from.
But only for a set number of frames.
What happens is that when Falco does a backair, he becomes a bit shorter, and the hitlag he gets if he hits someone is too long so he gets back to his normal size too soon, when he's still above the platform.

Doraki

Smash Lord
blaster = disjointed hitbox.
falco shouldn't be able to spike a fox falling on him doing a bair with a stupid shffl'd dair.
Or spiking someone who's like 5 meters in front of him with a dair again. or spike someone who's on a platform above him with a shffl'd dair. or have his shine hit through my shield and get a 0-death combo from that. how fair is that, really ?

Nihility

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see, thanks for providing that info Doraki. So it only works with Falco's bair then? Not too much use for it in a match then is there..?

-PS: Thanks bornfidelity.com, I made it myself ;)

Top Bottom