• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKNintendo's guide to using Mario's Final Smash.

PKNintendo

Smash Master

Welcome to my guide on Mario Final Smash. As many of have known, Mario Final Smash consists of 2 things.

The windup

The finale

Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHtkm6ePGcw

Origin

Mario's FS is completely made up for Brawl. But some say that it comes from the game known as SMRPG, in which Mario used multiple fire attacks against his foes.

Utility

Unfortunately for Mario mains, Mario boasts to have one of the worst FS' in Brawl. When Landmasters by 3 three's storm the game, where the invincible Wario man ***** you with aerial's, Mario is unfortunately left to dry with the Mario finale. On the positive side, it has the potential to KO multiple characters. But on the negative side, killing with it is hard due to people dodging the FS using their jumps (during the wind-up) and character's DI ing out of the attack itself.

How do you use it?

Luckily, I have found a foolproof plan to using this FS quite well actually.
The FS is actually quite hard to DI out of at 0%. At 20% and up, you can DI out of it, effectively making it useless. But at 0% , you can:
Drag the off the stage with the blast.
Taunt 3 times.
In the video, the Mario was hit head on at 0% and survived.

Yes, but there's a trick to using the FS. Mario's back is a vacuum.
Mario's back is a vacuum
When, used in front of the enemy, they get sucked from behind Mario, INTO the final smash,
and get dragged of the screen! No joke, 100% true. At 0%, it's almost a guaranteed KO.
But remember, if they're not a 0%, they can DI out of it.

Damage?
The damage on the FS stinks. It does around 34% max. So if they don't Die, they're left with barely any damage on them. If your going to use the FS, don't do it for the damage.

Setups
Remember Mario's back sucking effect. Using it head on is useless. So you must use it infront of them via setups. Grabs are useless, but you can setup using Mario's cape to change their direction, or jab to FS. (make sure you turn around)

It was rumored that 2 FS' could appear on screen at E for all. If so. Mario Finale VS Mario Finale. Lol.

Stages

Battlefield is a great level for Mario' s FS. Lylat cruise works too.
FD is a bad choice due, to it's plain nature. For some reason, I like Luigi's mansion, not enough places to run from Mario's deadly back.

PS: Remember, use the back young Mario's... And Sakurai should have made Mario's FS constant. Using it more than once. Maybe 3 or 4 times?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Gotta admit though, Mario's final smash is the flashiest.

And I thought... no, Mario's the worst.

Too bad it couldn't be more like Samus'.

Top Bottom