• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Thunder > Ledge Glitch

Sade

Smash Cadet
I'm sure this has happened to some of you before. It happens to me every so often, but it gets annoying sometimes. I managed to do it twice in one round at EVO too.

Say, you're recovering to the ledge of the stage via PK Thunder2. But instead of grabbing onto the ledge, you bounce off of it and die.

I know some people say that it happens if you're holding down on your directional stick (which is understandable because it prevents you from grabbing the ledge), but I don't ever recall holding down, especially since most of the time this happens, I'm PKT2ing diagonally up.

I've talked to other Lucas mains and they've told me that it just happens randomly, and can't be fixed. But I'd figure just ask the Lucas community, even if it is a nub question :'D

What causes it and is there any way to avoid it?

Levitas

the moon
in melee, there are two grab boxes, a front one and a back one. if the front one overlaps the end, but the back one doesn't, the character gets an edge grab. The point is that I'm betting from the wrong angles and spacings, lucas's grab boxes come over the edge on the same frame, causing an edge bounce instead of a grab.

Then again, this is all speculation since there isn't a debug mode to be sure.

HailCrest

Smash Journeyman
was it the right ledge? or did it also happen on the left?

if it was the right, then just be more careful; aim just below the ledge to sweetspot the ledge. for some reason in brawl the right side hates pkt2.

Sade

Smash Cadet
It happens on both the left and the right sides and I'm sure of this because it happened on the left twice during the EVO match :'D And of course it's happened on the right too during various friendlies, from several different angles.

Lol, I'll see if I can get some footage. Either that or PK Thundering into ledges for an hour :'D

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
It happens when you aim a little to high. Tends to happen most often if you're recovering from above parallel with the stage.

Sade

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I noticed last night by PK Thundering for an hour straight lol. Thanks anyway =)

Top Bottom