• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Visit:
A video and free cookies are provided!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This works with a button as well. Pk fire cancels out all air momentum (it works with all of Ness' specials). This was also possible in melee.

Conda

This is not the same as doublejump cancelling with your special (B) moves.
Did you watch the video? Air momentum has obviously not been cancelled. Heck, I even show how a normal doublejump -> PK Fire looks, and how PK Jumping is much different.

Everything I feel like I should say here is said in the other thread posted in my first post.

Also, A moves don't doublejump cancel in Brawl, so you may want to revise your post.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This is not the same as doublejump cancelling with your special (B) moves.
Did you watch the video? Air momentum has obviously not been cancelled.
Also, A moves don't doublejump cancel in Brawl, so you may want to revise your post.
I never said a moves. I said specials. And u were just doing pk fire at the wrong time. I've been doing it much lower than this.

Conda

You said "this works with A moves as well".
And yes, I can PK Jump better than I was in the video. You may want to read the captions that tell you when I'm doing a shorthop PK Jump and a normal PK Jump.
Heck, they even tell you when I'm getting the timing wrong, thus not doing a PK Jump.

I'll be at allisbrawl if anyone wants to comment.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
So this makes you the.....5th person to bring this up? Yeah, sounds about right. This isn't news, it's not special, it WAS in Melee, it was actually BETTER then because you could do it with PK Thunder.

This is not a winning ticket. Please try again.

Conda

So this makes you the.....5th person to bring this up? Yeah, sounds about right. This isn't news, it's not special, it WAS in Melee, it was actually BETTER then because you could do it with PK Thunder.

It looks like I somehow came off too strong for you? May want to ease up there, Addy. :p

Edit: Wow, my sig is annoying.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

Wow ademisk way to fail, you can do it w/ all of ness' specials in brawl. Actually you only need to double jump pk fire to cancel momentum with it for some reason. Well it's more noticeable with the dj (for pk fire).

Conda

This is useful because it allows me to land smack-dab on the opponent after an aerial PK Fire, because I maintain a good amount of horizontal momentum when casting PK Fire which cannot be done when normally DJCancelling (you stop all momentum).

Ademisk

Smash Champion
You can't do it with PKT like you can with PK Fire. The momentum doesn't carry at all.

Also, Conda, again, this isn't new. That's really my only problem with what you're saying. Stop touting it off like some great discovery, this has been known for a loooong time, and is, I think, something rather obvious. Of course, obviously, I've been proven wrong since coming to the Brawl boards, because you are literally the 5th person to post about this exact topic like it's some kind of crazy new discovery nobody ever knew about.

Conda

It may be annoying to you to see another person come here and "tout" a discovery, but it's not like I know this has been discovered and am trying to steal the thunder. Just tell me it's not new and move on.
That's why I said to ease up.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't make a topic linking to a post on antoher forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom