• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK burst usages

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
In addition to being an out of shield option and combo followup, I've found something really cool about PK burst. In 3.5, magnet stalling was drastically reduced; however, PK burst and to a lesser extent the uncharged burst aid in recovering. It's a tiny horizontal boost that decreases vertical height slightly, but I've been finding great success in doing so. The inputs are essentially the same as recovering with PSI magnet: input the move and immediately hold towards the stage to get the max horizontal drift.

Here's to seeing better recoveries from Lucas players. Cheers!

ilysm

sleepy
Oh, nice find! Never would have thought about using it for recovery. I would assume it's kind of a desperate measure, like Wario using Waft for that extra bit of height. Every time I blow a charge with a missed input I die a bit inside. :(

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Yeah it's kind of the panic button. I've found some interesting stalls that work akin to 3.0 magnets would semi-infinite air stall. It's good for mixups and allows that little extra distance I feel is really beneficial. Very few drawbacks and somewhat hard to punish.

Top Bottom