• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

pivot vs run

kyletree

Smash Cadet
Are there any characters that can move across the stage faster with pivots than running? This is assuming that you are getting the biggest pivots possible and making it frame perfect

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqnHJh7Qyag

Pretty sure with foxtrotting you have to wait x number of frames to stop before you can do your initial dash again, whereas by cancelling it with a pivot or a DJC you can perform your initial dash again straight away. Whether pivotting is faster that waiting I dunno.

I don't know the answer to what OP is asking though, but it feels like it might be possible for Luigi maybe

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
@ S sawamular , do you have any proof? It is definitely not true for Fox, Falcon, Yoshi, Pikachu, DK, Puff, and more of the cast.

kyletree

Smash Cadet
maybe someone could do a test with TAS? I would but I have no clue how

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i wouldn't say definitely either way. i'm sure someone with TAS skills could easily test it

Top Bottom